Saturday, April 29, 2006

Senior Women Day

Lily and I are both totally and completely exhausted today~!

This morning started with Miss Lily deciding that a 4 AM feeding was in order, so I graciously allowed Devin the honor of handling that. After much eating, bathing and a debate on clothing, Lily and I were out the door by 10:00 AM. Our first stop of the day was to pick up my best friend from high school, Katie Lietzke. This was the first time she'd seen Lily, which made it even more special. I love this picture below, Lily's facial expression is priceless!

The next stop was Eliza's house, for a Senior Women get-together to celebrate the fact that our friend Rachel actually managed to make it to Charlotte (she lives near Raleigh), go Rach! Since two other girls have babies (see links on the side of my blog), it was a tad chaotic to say the least. The older kids, Sam and Kirby, were not really phased by the loud laughing, lots of voices, and barrage of new sights, but my little picky baby got a tad overwhelmed. Luckily, she was surrounded by a great group of women, especially Aunt Leah, who scooped her up and took her to Eliza's quiet bedroom to calm her down. With the blonde hair and sweet cheeks, Lily actually looks more like Leah than me!

The next picture is of all the babies. Please note that not one of these children is actually being held by its own mother. The mothers are off-camera, enjoying a quick break from slobber, crying, hunger, arm cramps from holding these hefty babies, and dirty diapers (thanks, Katie for changing that "good" one Lily did!). Below are: Katie with Lily, Leah with Kirby, and Caiti with Sam.


Again, I managed to completely suck at taking pictures, so those of you that have some, send them on!

In the meantime, since both Lily and I were thoroughly over-stimulated today, we are planning to sleep ALL day tomorrow -- and maybe all the way through next week. I may be 26, but I feel SO much older on days like this. But in a good way, of course!

1 Comments:

  • At Thu May 04, 05:56:00 AM 2006, Blogger Amy said…

    Are we really all adults? I still feel like I should be a teenager. It is wierd to see everyone from school all grown up. Everyone seems to be married and/or having children.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home