The Final Week
I officially start back to work on April 17th (exactly one week from today). I honestly cannot comprehend how I'm going to leave my baby. Luckily, I found a daycare that I'm comfortable with. They have a lot of security and safety features and even a webcam, so I can log on and check on her all day. I have promised Devin that I will at least try to go back to work, but I will quit if I just can't stand it. My goal is to reevaluate after a month.
This weekend has been full of ups and downs for both me and my loved ones. Lily and I went to Mary's babyshower, which was a lot of fun. Some friends got to meet Lily for the very first time. After most everyone had left, Mary was holding Lily on her lap in a sitting up position and asked Lily if she wanted to hug West. Immediately, Lily's head fell forward and landed squarely on Mary's belly, with arms outstretched. She really did look like she was hugging baby Westbrook!
You can tell already that Mary is going to be an outstanding mother.

The downs of this weekend, it seems, is that a lot of our friends are struggling with illness. Our friend, Leslie, is undergoing neurosurgery today (*prayers please*). Our friend Allison, is in the hospital with pregnancy complications at 33 weeks with her twins. And Mary, my pregnancy buddy extraordinaire, is dealing with her brother's returning cancer. Prayers and positive thoughts are needed all around.
This weekend has been full of ups and downs for both me and my loved ones. Lily and I went to Mary's babyshower, which was a lot of fun. Some friends got to meet Lily for the very first time. After most everyone had left, Mary was holding Lily on her lap in a sitting up position and asked Lily if she wanted to hug West. Immediately, Lily's head fell forward and landed squarely on Mary's belly, with arms outstretched. She really did look like she was hugging baby Westbrook!
You can tell already that Mary is going to be an outstanding mother.

The downs of this weekend, it seems, is that a lot of our friends are struggling with illness. Our friend, Leslie, is undergoing neurosurgery today (*prayers please*). Our friend Allison, is in the hospital with pregnancy complications at 33 weeks with her twins. And Mary, my pregnancy buddy extraordinaire, is dealing with her brother's returning cancer. Prayers and positive thoughts are needed all around.
2 Comments:
At Mon Apr 10, 11:12:00 AM 2006,
Anonymous said…
Hang in there Lora. I am sure it is tough, but you can do it!
We will definitely keep everyone in our prayers!
Lily sure is gorgeous!
At Tue Apr 11, 03:11:00 PM 2006,
Amy said…
I know that it has been rough on you this week, but everything will work itself out. Go back to work, and just see how you feel. We are all praying for Leslie and Mary's brother. Try to keep your chin up.
Post a Comment
<< Home