Birthday Girls

Today, Lily is officially 7 weeks old, I am 26 years old, and my mom is 54. It's the first birthday I've celebrated since becoming a mother and I can't think of a better way to share it than with my daughter and my mother (who shares my birthday as well). Three generations of women, all pretty darn good-looking if you ask me (haha!).
My mother had me on her 28th birthday. I used to could never understand how each year, on our joint birthday, she'd relegate herself to the background and let it be my special day. Now that I'm a mom, I think I can finally relate. You want your kids to shine and be happy and feel all the love in the world. I know that Valentine's Day will never be the same for me again, celebrating Lily's birthday.
Last year at this time, I could not have imagined my good forture to come. My 25th year has been a great success, full of amazing lessons and awesome gifts.
3 Comments:
At Tue Apr 04, 01:41:00 PM 2006,
Anonymous said…
HAPPY BIRTHDAY...to all of you!!
Hope you got my email yesterday, kinda jumped the gun a little bit, but better early than late huh?! :) You both are so beautiful!! Love you both!
At Tue Apr 04, 06:56:00 PM 2006,
Amy said…
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
At Tue Apr 04, 10:02:00 PM 2006,
Anonymous said…
Happy Birthday Lora! And Lora's mom! I hope ya'll had a fabulous day!
Post a Comment
<< Home