Friday, March 24, 2006

A long day

Today, Lily and I woke up early (after another successful all-night sleep) and went to hang out with Mary for her Burt's Bees demonstration at Earth Fare. We had a lot of fun and learned about reflexology. Lily was supposed to be the "demonstration" baby for the reflexologist to show everyone how its done. We had her all laid out and ready and suddenly poor Lily started screaming and crying inconsolably! Needless to say, Lily got bumped from her Demo position in favor of a calmer kid and I also missed most of the lecture because Lily was crying so loudly. My poor baby! Once we got her calmed down, the reflexologist massaged Lily's feet, which she just loved :)

Even Mary got a well-deserved Reflexology sample:

Afterwards, Lily and I went to Mary's house (which, by the way, is awesome!) and hung out. I think we managed to test out all of Westbrook's baby furniture using Lily as the guinea pig. Lily totally loved the Amby, which is like a hammock/crib hybrid.

Lily also did the "does baby like it and/or at least look cute in it" test on Mary's Bugaboo Stroller. I know its hard to see in this picture, but basically, its a bassinet on wheels. That thing is NICE and yes, Lily both liked it and looked adorable in it!

After Lily had been thoroughly over-stimulated, while enjoying baby West's belongings, we headed home. Devin's Dad came over to babysit for a few hours, so that I could regain my sanity. Lily loves spending time every Friday night with him :)

6 Comments:

  • At Fri Mar 24, 11:45:00 PM 2006, Blogger M said…

    Thanks for coming over to play! It was so fun to have Lily try out the hammock and the stroller:)I hope she makes it through the night again tonight!

     
  • At Sat Mar 25, 12:08:00 AM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    does my poor dad ever get out of that flannel shirt? he looks more like a lumberjack than an RN.

     
  • At Sat Mar 25, 10:16:00 AM 2006, Blogger Amy said…

    The Amby looks like one of the coolest baby invetions ever. Do they make those in adult size? Looks like you and Lily had a fun day. Tell Lily to save some of that energy to play with us next week!

     
  • At Sat Mar 25, 01:43:00 PM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I miss you guys SOOO much!

    -Daddy

     
  • At Tue Mar 28, 05:36:00 AM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's great to sit back and hold a tiny baby after a hard day of pushin' logs and cuttin' timber.
    GrandDan

     
  • At Tue Mar 28, 10:43:00 AM 2006, Blogger Leslie said…

    That picture of GranDan and Lily is absolutely precious. I don't think I've seen a happier grandpa! He looks positively smitten by his grandbaby.

    AHEM! Update! I need my Lily fix. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home