Almost 3 Weeks Old!
Oh, little Lilypie is growing up so fast. Tomorrow, she will be exactly 3 weeks old! Where has the time gone? I can't even remember what it was like before she came!
Devin and I finally spent some quality time together this weekend. I had no idea how much stress a new baby can bring to a relationship. I'm so glad we got to reconnect. Devin even took Lily on her first (of what I imagine will be many) trips to CompUSA (his favorite store!).
Also, my mom pitched in this weekend to give me a break as well. I spent Saturday night at her house and she got up to feed the baby, so I could get a good stretch of uninterrupted sleep. Then, she made me pancakes for breakfast. It was so nice to be spoiled a bit this weekend! Being a mommy can wear you out really fast, but its so worth it.
I'm feeling a lot better this week than last. I'm hoping that the weather will be nice, so Lily and I can take more daytrips. It takes a lot of planning and work to pack up the baby and do something simple (like run out to get food), but its so nice to get out of the house.
Also, I have to note that my body is starting to resemble its previous self. As of last week, I'd already dropped 30 (out of 50) pounds I'd gained during pregnancy. Also, my legs have stopped resembling tree trunks and gone back down to their former size. I even squeezed my butt into a pair of stretchy pre-pregnancy jeans! I cannot tell you how good that feels. I still have a pot belly and of course, stretch marks (apparently, those take longer to fade), but I'm feeling pretty darn good right about now.
In spite of all of that, there is a small part of me that misses being pregnant too (although I do not miss the swelling and the discomfort). With Lily inside, I could protect her better. She didn't have to cry for hunger, gas, or exhaustion. She was simply content to sleep and/or kick the crap out of me. Now, don't go thinking that this means I'll get pregnant again any time soon...nope, I'm definately done for a while :)
Devin and I finally spent some quality time together this weekend. I had no idea how much stress a new baby can bring to a relationship. I'm so glad we got to reconnect. Devin even took Lily on her first (of what I imagine will be many) trips to CompUSA (his favorite store!).
Also, my mom pitched in this weekend to give me a break as well. I spent Saturday night at her house and she got up to feed the baby, so I could get a good stretch of uninterrupted sleep. Then, she made me pancakes for breakfast. It was so nice to be spoiled a bit this weekend! Being a mommy can wear you out really fast, but its so worth it.
I'm feeling a lot better this week than last. I'm hoping that the weather will be nice, so Lily and I can take more daytrips. It takes a lot of planning and work to pack up the baby and do something simple (like run out to get food), but its so nice to get out of the house.
Also, I have to note that my body is starting to resemble its previous self. As of last week, I'd already dropped 30 (out of 50) pounds I'd gained during pregnancy. Also, my legs have stopped resembling tree trunks and gone back down to their former size. I even squeezed my butt into a pair of stretchy pre-pregnancy jeans! I cannot tell you how good that feels. I still have a pot belly and of course, stretch marks (apparently, those take longer to fade), but I'm feeling pretty darn good right about now.
In spite of all of that, there is a small part of me that misses being pregnant too (although I do not miss the swelling and the discomfort). With Lily inside, I could protect her better. She didn't have to cry for hunger, gas, or exhaustion. She was simply content to sleep and/or kick the crap out of me. Now, don't go thinking that this means I'll get pregnant again any time soon...nope, I'm definately done for a while :)
She makes the funniest faces. I took these pictures while she was having the hiccups. She really loves that swing, a few minutes after I snapped these shots, she was passed out cold in there. I wish they made those in adult size!
2 Comments:
At Mon Mar 06, 06:25:00 PM 2006,
Anonymous said…
awww... hahaha! She looks like she's scared of something in that pic!
At Wed Mar 08, 12:31:00 PM 2006,
Anonymous said…
She is sooo CUTE!!! You sound like your doing an awesome job! Don't forget to take lots of time for yourself and for you & Dev...but also get used to not having time for yourself and for you & Dev...it's kind of a catch 22, you need it, but will probably hardly get it so you have find a happy medium. You'll do great!!
Post a Comment
<< Home