One Month Old!!!!!!!!!
Can you believe Lily is already one month old? Four weeks ago exactly, we were getting to know eachother in the hospital. Today, I feel like I've known her all my life. She is really the sweetest baby. She only fusses when she has a reason (mostly its gas!) and she's super alert, always taking in her surroundings with big, wide-open eyes. I have a feeling she's gonna be a smarty-pants like her Daddy.
I cannot describe how much I love my little girl. As impossible as it seems, I fall more in love with her each day. I am amazed by her tiny perfection and the fact that she exists because of me. I created this life, this lovely little baby who is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. All the pain of childbirth is a distant memory. The sleepless nights and neverending mess of dirty diapers, spit-up, and drool are actually a pleasure to endure on behalf of my little miracle. Its truly unbelievable how much you can actually love someone who doesn't speak, smile, or even know my name.
Today, Lily had her one month check-up at the Pediatrician. Her weight was 9 lbs and 12 ounces, which put her in the 60th percentile for weight and her length was 22 inches, which put her into the 75th percentile for height. Looks like she's gonna be tall like her Daddy! The doctor checked all her reflexes and looked her over from head to toe. He said she was perfectly healthy. Yay Lily!
In other news, I had 3 teeth removed yesterday afternoon and I"m still in pain. I was afraid that I'd be too ill or sore to care for the baby, but once again, the strength of motherhood kicked right in (along with the IB Profin!), so for today, I'm all good. We are looking forward to this weekend, there's a lot going on. My friend Allison is having her baby shower (she is 30 weeks pregnant with twins Luke & Chloe), Sam Netta is getting baptized, and our friend Jesse is turning one year old and having a birthday party at the Pineville Park. Needless to say, I've already dropped $100 at Babies R Us and I still have more to buy!
Here are some pics of Miss Lily on her one month birthday!
Mesmerized by the fishy...

I cannot describe how much I love my little girl. As impossible as it seems, I fall more in love with her each day. I am amazed by her tiny perfection and the fact that she exists because of me. I created this life, this lovely little baby who is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. All the pain of childbirth is a distant memory. The sleepless nights and neverending mess of dirty diapers, spit-up, and drool are actually a pleasure to endure on behalf of my little miracle. Its truly unbelievable how much you can actually love someone who doesn't speak, smile, or even know my name.
Today, Lily had her one month check-up at the Pediatrician. Her weight was 9 lbs and 12 ounces, which put her in the 60th percentile for weight and her length was 22 inches, which put her into the 75th percentile for height. Looks like she's gonna be tall like her Daddy! The doctor checked all her reflexes and looked her over from head to toe. He said she was perfectly healthy. Yay Lily!
In other news, I had 3 teeth removed yesterday afternoon and I"m still in pain. I was afraid that I'd be too ill or sore to care for the baby, but once again, the strength of motherhood kicked right in (along with the IB Profin!), so for today, I'm all good. We are looking forward to this weekend, there's a lot going on. My friend Allison is having her baby shower (she is 30 weeks pregnant with twins Luke & Chloe), Sam Netta is getting baptized, and our friend Jesse is turning one year old and having a birthday party at the Pineville Park. Needless to say, I've already dropped $100 at Babies R Us and I still have more to buy!
Here are some pics of Miss Lily on her one month birthday!
Mesmerized by the fishy...
Aww, look at that sad face! Too cute!
2 Comments:
At Tue Mar 14, 07:57:00 PM 2006,
Leslie said…
Happy One Month Birthday, Miss Lily! Sam wanted to say he hopes you had a very special day. We want to see you guys again, and soon! We should go to the park.
What a perfect little pout in that one picture! Even her pouts are precious!
At Sun Mar 19, 08:04:00 PM 2006,
Anonymous said…
The Ducks!
Post a Comment
<< Home