Thursday, March 16, 2006

First Smile!

Lily makes a lot of faces, often in response to using the bathroom. However, today I am 100 % positive that her smile was meant specifically for me. She woke up making noises in her bassinet and I poked my head over the side and said good morning. She looked up and gave me a big ol' grin. At first, I figured it was a coincidence, but then before I fed her I was talking to her and her little face lit up again. How exciting!

The pediatrician told me that babies do not smile from gas, that all smiles are real, they may just not be in response to anything. She smiles a lot when she has gas, so I guess it's the relief that's making her so happy! But, today, it was me making her happy! Yay! Maybe I can snap a picture of her pretty smile next time!

Also, she slept thru the night last night!!!! She fell asleep around midnight and didn't wake up until 6:30 AM! This is a new record for her! Now, I'm not getting my hopes up that this will be an everyday thing, but it sure was nice to get one solid stretch of sleep. Maybe that's why we were both smiling so much this morning...we both finally got some sleep!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home