Thursday, March 30, 2006

Road Trip to Hickory

Yesterday, Lily and I took a drive thru the bucolic (10th grade vocabulary word. Impressed?) countryside on our way to Hickory. My friend, Lisa, was in town from Boston, visiting her relatives. Since Lisa moved, we'd both had children and this seemed the perfect time to catch up with eachother as well as introduce our mutual offspring.

The drive to Hickory went by surprisingly fast, now that I have a super-cool XM radio. I was jammin' to my favorite 90s cheese-errific songs like "Shoop" by Salt'n'Peppa and "Patience" by Guns'n'Roses, and my personal favorite "Jump Around" by House of Pain. It's good that Lily is so little, so thusly I can make a complete ass of myself heading down the highway and she is none the wiser. One day, I'm sure I will embarass her by my mere existence (ah, sweet adolesence), so I might as well get my dork behavior out of my system while she is too young to care.

Lisa and I headed to lunch at Olive Garden and had a super delicious meal. Our VERY pregnant waitress as well as the entire non-smoking section of the restaurant were very interested in our babies (hers was alert and awake and mine was head-hunched-over-passed-out and drooling). While we talked, the babies took turns fussing, then smiling, then fussing again, followed by some drooling. Since we were in country-bumpkin land (sorry to the esteemed residents of Hickory), no one seemed to care about all the noise and mess -- or they were just too full of southern hospitality to say so.

After lunch, we took the babies on a short walk in the fresh air before Lily and I went back to the Disco (err, I mean car) to head home. Once again, Lily choose to sleep contendedly while Mommy sang her off-key rendition of LL Cool J's "Mama Said Knock You Out."

Here are Soren and his mommy, Lisa, checking eachother out. Notice Soren decided to pull off his own sock and munch on it as a dessert to his fabulous meal of sweet potatoes. That's one way to wipe the baby food of one's mouth :)

Here are the babies enjoying their walk. Welll, Soren enjoyed his snooze.

The hot mammas!


3 Comments:

  • At Thu Mar 30, 02:11:00 PM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lora!! I had such a wonderful lunch with you yesterday, I just wish we had had more time! Lily is a beautiful darling & you're a wonderful mommy. Thank you for driving up to see me. I know Hickory isn't the most happening spot on the planet! ;) I so wish I still lived in NC so we could spend more time together doing the mommy-thing. It's so funny how much more I can relate to old friends who are also mommies now versus those who aren't. We will definitly have to get together again the next time I'm in NC.

    BTW did you get the message I left you last night? After we got home Soren got sick a couple of times (threw up). Nothing too serious, I think it was just the Sweet Potato Souffle that didn't agree with him, because he was fine after his tummy settled and hasn't gotten sick since. Just wanted to let you know to keep an eye out for Lily, just in case it was a little tummy bug, but like I said I don't think it is. Love you guys, talk to you soon!

     
  • At Fri Mar 31, 07:58:00 AM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wow, Lora, you look amazing!!!!!

     
  • At Fri Mar 31, 08:10:00 AM 2006, Blogger Amy said…

    The babies look so cute when you put them up next to each other. You girls also look really pretty!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home