Friday, March 31, 2006

Sweet Dreams, Little One


At Six Weeks, the things I don't want to ever forget are:
  • Calling you a hundred different nicknames, but mostly "Loo-lee" and "Boogie"
  • Your loud, violent hiccups that you don't seem to mind, but they hurt mommy to hear
  • Putting shoes on your tiny feet to keep your socks on
  • Being terrified to cut your tiny fingernails, so I endure the wrath of the scratchie baby
  • Sleeping with you in the crook of my arm every night
  • Watching you dream, with smiles, laughs and frowns and wondering what you must be dreaming about.
  • Kissing your head when you have nightmares and you calming down from just that simple touch without ever waking up.
  • Being more concerned with your bowel health than brushing my own teeth
  • Watching you kick and your eyes get big and round during bathtime
  • Seeing you "talk" to your toys (especially your Angel Doll that Daddy bought for you)
  • How your Grandparents thank us for letting them babysit
  • *Wishing* I could be a Stay at Home Mom until you are 35
  • The look on your face when you realize that your pacifier is not connected to any source of milk (then watching your eyes roll back in extreme satisfaction when I put you to my breast to nurse)
  • Your baby milk-breath and how you like to suck my nose when I'm kissing you
  • How your eyes light up whenever you hear your Daddy's voice
  • How cute you look with your gummy smile and big dimple
  • Being completely floored by the fact that your Father and I created you and that our love will sustain you for the rest of your life
  • Thinking you are the lovliest thing I've ever laid on and the biggest accomplishment of my entire life

This tiny person is the most amazing gift I have ever received and more than any proud mommy could ever ask for!

3 Comments:

  • At Fri Mar 31, 07:01:00 PM 2006, Blogger Amy said…

    I can't believe you have only been a mommy for six weeks! You are such a pro. I really love this blog entry, these are the little things that you forget later on, and now you will remember.

     
  • At Wed Apr 05, 03:27:00 PM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hope you didn't actually lay on the poor girl!! Just kidding, we know what you meant :)
    "the lovliest thing I've ever laid on" Ha!

     
  • At Sat Mar 14, 10:32:00 AM 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Damn you for making me cry....again. A beautiful post!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home