Thursday, April 13, 2006

Easter Bunny!

Right now, Lily is "talking" to the toys on her bouncy chair. Today, she discovered the mirror and is having an animated conversation with her reflection. I read somewhere that babies start to coo around 2 months and if no one talks back to them, they stop cooing at 6 months. Being the hormonal basketcase that I am, I cried wondering who the test subjects for that study were. I have made a commitment to 'talk' back to Lily when she tries to interact. Although, I doubt she cares to hear my discuss what I had for breakfast and how I prepare her bottles or what we did that day, I'm told that this is all part of her learning process. I have also had political discussions with her, I figure it's never to early to make her a liberal (haha!).

Yesterday, we hit Southpark Mall in hopes of tracking down the Easter Bunny. Well, Southpark only had a portrait studio who featured the bunny, so we ended up there. Lily was sleeping when we arrived and she slowly woke up when I pulled her carseat shade back. The "bunny" walked over and peered down at Lily and tried to get her attention. Lily slowly turned her sleepy head in the direction of the bunny and WHAM!, her eyes almost popped out of her head. She knew instantly that this was not a normal face and her surprise had me in near-tears. She didn't cry, she just studied it. Then she got over it, accepted this wild looking creature, and settled into its arms to pose for her picture.


Devin's mom is coming tomorrow and I'm elated! Its going to be the first time she's seen Lily since she was born. And on Sunday, I am dragging my whole family to church. I already have a dress picked out for Lily to wear :)

Now, we are off to the pediatrician for them to poke my child with vaccines and make her cry. Damn, modern medicine!

3 Comments:

  • At Thu Apr 13, 01:35:00 PM 2006, Blogger Rachel said…

    I love the picture. So cute. And I agree about the vacinations. I started to wonder about the need for so many shots until I learned about the many cases of mumps that are in some areas of the US. Then I realized it may not be as useless as I once thought. Then I wish I went to medical school so when I try to read up on everything I could understand all those big words.

     
  • At Thu Apr 13, 03:26:00 PM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    haha! she's freakin cute!!!

     
  • At Thu Apr 20, 10:09:00 AM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a cute Easter Bunny pic! I so wish I would have gotten one with Soren! As far as chatting with your baby goes, I chat with Soren all the time! At first it felt a little weird telling him the details about what I'm doing or how something works or why we do something a certain way, but now it's become second nature. It gets a lot easier when the conversation is less one sided, when your baby starts excidedly babbling back to you. It's said that babies develop a receptive vocabulary long before they're able to actually speak, and anything you can do that gets them exposed to language is a good thing. I'm really big on reading to Soren. He has a few baby books and I plan to get more for him soon. I try to tell family members that what we need most is more books for him, which is hard for most family members because clothes are usually what they want to get for little ones. I just keep dropping the hint about books whenever I can. I'm also going to get him a collection of bedtime stories to read to him. I read his baby books to him before he goes to bed but I want to get something that's a little more varied with the language, and I think something like a fairy tale collection would be good.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home