Monday, April 24, 2006

Milestones

Miss Lily-pie continues to astound me every day. Yesterday, I thought she might've been teething, but I'm not quite sure. She has discovered her favorite new toy: her own hand! Now, Lily has been sucking on her own hand & fingers for quite sometime, but for the past few days I've noticed two things: 1) Its been much more often and 2) it seems on purpose. She used to just throw her arms around and if any part of her hand touched her little mouth, she'd suck away. Lately, however, she spends time looking at her balled-up baby fist and watches it closely as it slowly makes its way to her mouth (she still lacks precision, it sometimes ends up in her eye or on her nose before finding its final destination).

I gave Lily a teething ring this weekend (from our freezer... when did I put that in there?) and she seemed to alternatately hate it and like it. So, when the little teeth do come, she won't be surprised at a frozen toy in her mouth.

For the most part, I did absolutely nothing this weekend. Lily and I did manage to make it to Mary's, to try out a few things for her...and do some post-natal nesting on Mary's behalf. Sorry, Mary, I went kinda crazy over there :) The rest of the weekend was pretty much spent lounging around the house. I even *allowed* Devin to take Lily on his own this weekend for a few hours, so I could get some much-needed rest (I say "allowed" because its hard for me to let her go without panicking). It worked out pretty well and I started feeling better by the time they came home.

Since it is Monday, I am completely braindead. Working mommyhood is tiring, at best, and insane, at its worst. I will write more after my brain starts to function normally again....

Here is a picture of Lily (she's at the bottom right on the mat, wearing yellow) playing at school.

2 Comments:

  • At Mon Apr 24, 06:58:00 PM 2006, Blogger Amy said…

    Having the cameras in the room is a really good idea. So, tell me honestly, how many times a day do you check that thing?

     
  • At Tue Apr 25, 09:53:00 AM 2006, Blogger Leslie said…

    Wow! That looks like a nice daycare! What a pretty set-up. And I love Lily's yellow outfit.

    And "yea" for Lily and the sucking of the hand! It is so cute when they discover their body parts. I can't believe how old she already is!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home