Easter Lily

On Saturday, we spent the day with my mom, who decided to make an Easter dinner. Here are Devin and Lily, enjoying the sunny day on the back porch swing.

Look how well she can hold her head up now! Can you believe she's only 2 months old?
Here are Daddy and Lily before church on Sunday. I made sure to use every pretty dress Lily could fit into this weekend, so that we'd be able to use them before she grew out of them!

Lily loves church! Actually, she woke up during the ceremony and smiled and seemed to really enjoy the church music. Maybe she'll sing in the choir one day!

Lily visited her great-grandparents on Sunday afternoon. The Easter Bunny had made a stop there and she got lots of noisy, fluffy toys that light up and I'm sure will be lots of fun!

Today, officially marked my first day back to work and Lily's first day in daycare. It actually went a lot smoother than I'd thought it would be. Devin decided to take Lily to school this morning -- he said I'd never be able to leave and thusly, be late for work. Around noon, they'd set up the network, so that Devin and I could log on and see the baby webcams they have set up in the infant's room. I have to say, I spent most of the afternoon on the internet, seeing what she was doing. I even went by there on my lunch break to visit. Other than the webcams, they also write down her daily activities (how much and how long she ate/slept/used the bathroom), which makes me feel really good. Here is a shot from the webcam that my mom captured of me picking Lily up after work:

My job kept me busy enough (127 emails!), so I could focus for the better half of the day. It was wierd to be back at work; even wierder to be able to pull my chair right up to my desk now that I no longer have a big, pregnant tummy keeping me at a distance! I left work a tad early to pick of Lily; getting her was the highlight of my day. I'm not sure how I'm gonna handle all this in the future, but I hope today was the hardest day. I just keep in mind that I can stay home if I decide to, we will be poor, but okay.
4 Comments:
At Tue Apr 18, 06:07:00 AM 2006,
Anonymous said…
Lora, your Blog is so beautiful, Thank you so much for writing it and keeping it up. These Pictures are absolutely wonderful and that Daddy picture has to be printed. They both look so perfect and all of you will adore this shot forever. I love you Lora
At Tue Apr 18, 09:28:00 AM 2006,
Rachel said…
Lora I know you will make the right decision about work. You have to do what works for you and your family. You are doing so great with Lily. And don't worry, there are worse things than being poor. When Kirby was first born we were in sad shape but we never went without. :)
At Tue Apr 18, 05:48:00 PM 2006,
Anonymous said…
Lora, I love all of the pics. Looks like she might be a redhead-yeh!!!!!! I can't believe how well she is holding her head up- that is great. I am glad you had a happy easter and that all went well going back to work. Love you!
At Tue Apr 18, 06:01:00 PM 2006,
Amy said…
I absolutely love the Easter dress. She looks so pretty. When did she get that big? She looks so different already. I really like the pic of you picking her up from her daycare, it is so sweet.
Post a Comment
<< Home