Pressure to Update
Sorry for taking so long to update my blog (I don't think I've ever gone this long before!).
This past week has been a little nutty, to say the least. Poor Lily has been sick with some mystery virus and it's really starting to wear on us both. I hate it so much that she's feeling bad, and plus the tylenol makes her so sleepy, I am in a state of constant worry. I have let her sleep in my bed with me all week (thus, relegating Devin to the couch) because I'm terrified of her sleeping alone. Her only real symptom has been an ongoing low-grade fever. She has been spitting up more than normal and pooping more than normal...but she's also almost 12 weeks old, so I think that'd be normal because she is eating more. No one else in her daycare class seems to be sick, but ya know, with babies and all those other kids, there's no real telling!
Also, the biggest development of the day: My pregnancy buddy, Mary, had her son Westbrook last night!!! I have seen 2 pictures of him already (please see links at bottom right side to link to her blog) and he is just gorgeous! I cannot wait to see him this afternoon, but poor Lily will have to wait til she feels better to meet him. Congratulations Mary & Wade!!!!
It's funny how being a mother can change your feelings about other people's babies! I feel strangely attached to Britney Spears' baby (that is my confession) because she was pregnant at the same time as me. So, you can imagine how invested in Mary's pregnancy I've been! I love her kid already and I've yet to meet him!
Oh, one more thing to mention (thanks to Leslie for reminding me with her own experience). I took Lily to the pediatrician on Tuesday for her sickness. They weighed her and she weighs (with clothes & diaper) 12 lbs 13 oz!!! That's a BIG baby! She's up almost a pound since her 8 weeks appointment! Also, the doctor tried to do a "urine catch" in a bag to test her pee for all kinds of badness and as he left the room to grab a paper towel after opening her diaper....she peed like a gyser all over the table. That's my girl! Needless to say, he decided to not make us wait for her next pee, and just tested the urine right off the table :)
This past week has been a little nutty, to say the least. Poor Lily has been sick with some mystery virus and it's really starting to wear on us both. I hate it so much that she's feeling bad, and plus the tylenol makes her so sleepy, I am in a state of constant worry. I have let her sleep in my bed with me all week (thus, relegating Devin to the couch) because I'm terrified of her sleeping alone. Her only real symptom has been an ongoing low-grade fever. She has been spitting up more than normal and pooping more than normal...but she's also almost 12 weeks old, so I think that'd be normal because she is eating more. No one else in her daycare class seems to be sick, but ya know, with babies and all those other kids, there's no real telling!
Also, the biggest development of the day: My pregnancy buddy, Mary, had her son Westbrook last night!!! I have seen 2 pictures of him already (please see links at bottom right side to link to her blog) and he is just gorgeous! I cannot wait to see him this afternoon, but poor Lily will have to wait til she feels better to meet him. Congratulations Mary & Wade!!!!
It's funny how being a mother can change your feelings about other people's babies! I feel strangely attached to Britney Spears' baby (that is my confession) because she was pregnant at the same time as me. So, you can imagine how invested in Mary's pregnancy I've been! I love her kid already and I've yet to meet him!
Oh, one more thing to mention (thanks to Leslie for reminding me with her own experience). I took Lily to the pediatrician on Tuesday for her sickness. They weighed her and she weighs (with clothes & diaper) 12 lbs 13 oz!!! That's a BIG baby! She's up almost a pound since her 8 weeks appointment! Also, the doctor tried to do a "urine catch" in a bag to test her pee for all kinds of badness and as he left the room to grab a paper towel after opening her diaper....she peed like a gyser all over the table. That's my girl! Needless to say, he decided to not make us wait for her next pee, and just tested the urine right off the table :)
1 Comments:
At Fri May 05, 10:42:00 AM 2006,
Anonymous said…
iloveu
Post a Comment
<< Home