Milestones

I keep meaning to write about Lily's new achievements. She seems to change so much on an almost daily basis. I want to be able to look back and see how far she's come.
So, at 12 weeks, Lily:
- Can lift her little head at a 90 degree angle off the ground. She's strong, but has little patience for tummy time. After a few minutes, she's either trying to eat the carpet or squealing to be turned back over so she can see what's going on.
- Is starting to be able to grasp at objects and I think she knows that she is moving them. Although moving them where she wants them will be another task entirely
- Is constantly eating her hands -- she has yet to choose a particular hand or digit...she just shoves them all in her mouth with reckless abandon and eats them simultaneously. Yum!
- If hands are covered by blankets or grasping any object, that too will end up in her dainty mouth
- Can follow people and object around the room. I see her on the daycare cam constantly watching where her teachers are walking. She wants them to know she sees their every move...she is a sneaky one, that Lily
- Is not napping at all, but is sleeping thru the night still. I'm good with that, really.
- Still talking up a storm...I have no clue where she gets that from.
- I swear (and I may be crazy), but I think my baby is singing! Sometimes, when I'm singing, she changes her tone so that it's one continuous sound (instead of choppy, word-like noises) and she seems to be singing along. One time she even hit the right pitch (that part probably was a mistake), but she LOVES music. That's my girl!
- Does the "full body laugh." When she gets really excited, all her limbs start moving simulaneously. So darn cute!
- Can hold her head up steadily for long periods of time
- Will move up to size 2 diapers next week (as soon as we run out of the 1-2 pampers)
- Can roll from her back to her side, so far no full rolling over yet.
- Is still the best and most beautiful baby in the whole world (yes, that is listed in the "What to Expect When You Have the Lovliest Child Ever" book)
That's all I can think of for now. Here is another pic of Lily and her Daddy, I am compelled to post it because I think its so sweet. I hope Lily keeps Devin's pretty eyes :)

3 Comments:
At Wed May 10, 11:24:00 AM 2006,
Amy said…
Well she definately was talking to Iam the other night. She seems to be progressing faster than most babies. I think we have a baby genious on our hands!
At Thu May 11, 09:36:00 PM 2006,
Leslie said…
I love that picture! So precious.
At Fri May 12, 03:03:00 PM 2006,
Leslie said…
Lora, you are nuts. You have never sung off-pitch in your life! Um, hello?? Women's Chamber??
Post a Comment
<< Home