Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Poor Booger

Well, its mid-week and I'm already thoroughly exhausted. Between a sick baby and a bunch of meetings at work, my mind is a big blur. For the past few weeks, I've felt a little "off" -- highly emotional and often downright grumpy. I have blamed this all on my new birth control. Today, I figured out the truth: yes, its hormonal, but it was actually the return of that annoying monthly visitor that was making me looney-tunes. I write this, not to offend anyone, but for Lily one day when she asks "Mom, do you remember how long it took when ---" when she herself becomes a mother. My own mother lacks recollection of important things like this and she has a pretty good memory, so I figure if I don't write it down, there's no way I'll remember. By the time Lily becomes a Mommy, we might be able to time travel, so I can just go back and ask my past self -- but just in case that doesn't happen, I have blogged it.

My friend Kasei had bought a little inclined mattress pad thingie for a baby shower present. It occured to me last night to see if it could fit in the playyard bassinet where Lily sleeps and sure enough, it did! Its like a pillow, so that the baby's head is elevated and the congestion can flow down thru the body instead of getting stuck in the head area. This helped her congestion SO much (woulda saved us a ton on swing batteries if I'd thought of it a few days ago!). She did, however, decide to wake up at 3 am for a gas fit, followed by a feeding -- highly unlikely for my good sleeper. You can imagine how much more braindead this made me for my corporate meetings this morning -- lucky I have Mountain Dew to pump me up, since I'm not a coffee drinker!

Here's what Lily looks like right now -- passed out cold. I tried to swaddle her for the first time in weeks the other day, to see if it'd help her sleep better. I wish I'd have taken a picture because the look on her face was priceless. She couldn't relax at all, she was mad! She loves to sleep all splayed out like this (in her Jesus-pose) and being wrapped up like a burrito was no fun at all. I guess its time to permanently retire the swaddle blanket :)


2 Comments:

  • At Thu May 18, 12:14:00 PM 2006, Blogger Amy said…

    Aww, poor Lily, and poor mommy. This is what daycare is gonna be like for awhile. Maybe it is only allergies. Tell her she needs to get better before she sees her Auntie Amy next weekend.

     
  • At Thu May 18, 03:04:00 PM 2006, Blogger Leslie said…

    So, who does the title of your post refer to - Lily? Or you? :) That stinks about Aunt Flo. I hope you are feeling better, especially after the early wake up time, too.

    Sam loved his crib wedge, too. And he also hated to be swaddled. He liked it the first couple of weeks, but then he was always struggling to get out of the blanket. He wanted to be in what we called his "quarterback pose." So proud.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home