14 Weeks Old
At 14 weeks, Lily has made a new discovery: her feet~! Her favorite position involves any posture that allows her to wrap her hands around her feet. Bonus points for any position in which she can comfortably get her foot into her mouth. Must be all that yoga I did during my second trimester.

She is also doing so much better on her tummy. She can hold her head up at a 90 degree angle for quite a while without getting exhausted. She's a strong little booger, that's for sure! Our new favorite trick is when I hold onto her hands while she's laying on her back, then I slowly pull her into a sitting position (she has awesome head control), and then from sitting, I pull her into a full standing position (she also has very strong legs). I will try to video tape this and upload it onto the blog for all to see. I think Lily tries to pretend she is older than she actually is. She must be trying to compete with all those older daycare kids.
A lot of the pictures that we take of Lily do not show how pretty her blue eyes are. I got this close-up on accident and then I realized is shows her true eye color. For those of you who've never seen her in person, behold the prettiest blue eyes I've ever seen:

4 Comments:
At Tue May 23, 03:16:00 PM 2006,
Anonymous said…
That's an awesome picture, but a little creepy too I have be honest. Her eyes look like they belong to a porcelain doll. Quite frankly, my procelain dolls used to freak me out when I was little. She does have the most amazing eyes though :) Love you babe, it was so great seeing you both!! I'll try to come down again soon! I promise no whipped cream for Lily....wink, wink.
At Wed May 24, 05:34:00 AM 2006,
Amy said…
Yes, Lora, I definately have to agree with Tina. Beutiful eyes, beutiful little girl, but the picture is a little bit creepy. The first picture is really funny. It looks like she is stretching for you to help her sit and stand. Maybe she won't be a top model, maybe she will be an athlete! Heck, she could be both.
It is really great that you work so much with Lily. How do you find the time to do all of those things with her. You are a super mommy and we love you!
At Wed May 24, 06:58:00 AM 2006,
M said…
Wow, those eyes are so amazing. I always forget how blue they are until I see her in person!
Regarding the feet in the mouth thing- I did that for years (yes, WAY too long). It is so impressive how flexible babies can be.
At Wed May 24, 02:39:00 PM 2006,
Leslie said…
Those eyes are mesmerizing! Coming from the owner of brown eyes, I have to admit I am a bit jealous of your 3 1/2 month old.
I am so excited about Sunday!
Post a Comment
<< Home