Monday, June 19, 2006

First Father's Day

Boy, was Devin's first Father's Day one to remember! It even started out crazy!

Devin has been out of town all week in Las Vegas for a business trip. I expected him home at roughly 6 or 7 AM. By 8, I grew a little worried, so I called him. He'd been in the parking lot at the airport for an hour, looking for the car. Another hour passed and he'd still not found it, so Lily and I drove to Charlotte Douglas to give him a hand. We couldn't find it either, so we called Customer Assistance, who ran the plates and said that it was not in their system. I proceeded to insist that I *knew* my plate numbers were correct, so the nice and patient man decided to drive Devin around some other lots, while Lily and I went home. At home, I double-checked my registration renewal form that had just come in the mail...and lo and behold, the plate number was completely different from the one I'd given. Turns out I'd given them my very old plate number (does anyone remember the chevy cavalier from high school?), not the Mitsibushi's new one. Oops, my bad. So, I called Devin back, who was in the process of driving thru every single parking lot in the entire airport to tell him the news. They found the car in less than 5 minutes. Can I use the excuse that I'd been up all night with a irritable, feverish baby?

So, upon his arrival home, we exchanged presents. From Las Vegas, he brought me some T-shirts (one of which is the CSI shirt!). And then he opened his gifts from Lily. Here is Lily holding the gift she made for Daddy in daycare:


It says:

" Of all the Daddies everywhere

I know there couldn't be,

A better Daddy anywhere,

Than the one who belongs to me.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY"

Lily also got Devin a travel mug and a license plate border for his motorcycle. I helped her pick out the Father's Day card. The front cover says "Phffff!" and then you open it up and it reads "Happy Father's Day from the one you blame your farts on." Yes, Lily got a little silly this year.

Lily's temperature spiked again later during the day to 102.7. We put a cool rag on her head to get the temp down. I think she would look good with pink hair...


She seems to be feeling better today, but only time will tell. Devin is taking off work to stay home with her. Alone. All day. Should I be worried????

3 Comments:

  • At Mon Jun 19, 09:43:00 AM 2006, Blogger Rachel said…

    Worried about a daddy being home alone with their child, for an entire day? Never! Just don't ask what happened all day. If you get home and she looks fine, no noticiable marks, it went well enough to not ask questions. :)

     
  • At Mon Jun 19, 06:43:00 PM 2006, Blogger Leslie said…

    Whew! I'm exhausted for you, Lora. That sounds like quite a morning!

    Lily's gift is so sweet. And I love how she's rocking the pink towel - she would look good with the same color hair!

     
  • At Mon Jun 19, 08:09:00 PM 2006, Blogger Amy said…

    I hope that Lily is feeling better soon. I know that you guys are exhausted. I would like to try to come visit you this weekend before I go out of town.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home