Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Lily's Crib


So, yesterday, we tried to nap in the crib again. This time, Lily decided it'd be much more fun to play than sleep. So, being the stalkerazzi mom-armed-with-a-camera that I am, I decided that playtime would be the optimum photo op. See if you can find the baby amongst the deluge of pink!


I realize that this blog has, as of late, turned into more of a photo album and less of a written account of daily life. As much as I'd like to write more, I seemed to have found myself with a major case of Writer's Block. I believe the blockage is located in the same part of my brain that makes me play on MySpace for hours, possibly without blinking, and accomplishing absolutely nothing. So, I will try to write something relatively meaningful. Here goes:

Motherhood is an exciting adventure. I am consistently overwhelmed (perhaps daily) by the rush of emotions that I feel for my child. I find myself stalking pregnant women (and man, I *hated* being given random advice when I was pregnant!) and telling them all about the joys of motherhood. I promised myself I wouldn't be one of "those" women. You know the kind, they are constantly telling you about Jr's constipation, the lack of sleep, and the impending joy you are about to experience once you give birth and join the mommy's club. You would think that since I was recently pregnant, I would remember these things and refrain from gushing unsolicited advice to these poor, unsuspecting pregnant women. But lo, I am but human. And, really, it is an irresistable compulsion! I am finally on the other side of that fence and for some reason, my mouth spews it out...I'm outta control!

I guess what it boils down to is this, having a baby is a life-changing experience. Whether you've tried for years to get pregnant or the baby is a "surprise," its a unique experience that bonds all women together. We have created life within our very bodies. A year ago, Lily was barely visible via sonogram, and now she is a hefty 14 pounds and growing. Some unknowable urge must be pre-programmed into women to share and bond over impending childbirth and later, child-rearing. I thank God for those women who helped guide me through it and continue to do so today (I do not, however, thank God for those who asked me if it was twins or told me their gruesome horror stories).



Okay, enough girly gushing. Now, back to Lily:

Lily has a few new favorite activities. One is grabbing people's faces, oh and if you have long hair (which I do), you are in big trouble. Those little fists can tug and twist like you would not believe! Her other new thing is sticking out her tounge -- constantly! I am waiting for something interesting to land on her outstretched tounge just to see her reaction. I think her gums are starting to swell from emerging teeth and it must feel good for her to rub her tounge on it. That is my theory, at least. It is very possible I could just have a strange kid.

So, there you have it. I wrote stuff today. Now, back to MySpace.

4 Comments:

  • At Wed Jun 28, 02:08:00 PM 2006, Blogger Leslie said…

    Oh my goodness!! Does it get any better?? A gorgeous, blue-eyed girl in a sea of pink. I love it.

    That first picture made me smile so big. She is such a happy girl! Must be all that good mommying she gets, Lora!

     
  • At Thu Jun 29, 09:19:00 AM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    what a cutie!

     
  • At Fri Jun 30, 03:23:00 PM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am in love with the pink - beautiful crib set there. I think its wonderful that you're bursting with the joy that you have gotten from mothering Miss Lily - its a testament to your love for her. Besides, it just gets me even more hyped up for the arrival of my little one (two?)!

     
  • At Sat Jul 01, 01:11:00 PM 2006, Blogger Amy said…

    Lora, you write so well. I wish that I could be as well spoken on paper as you are.

    Lily is beautiful and I like seeing all of the pics. I am always extremely entertained by your blogs.

    I am so glad to be back home. I will see you guys soon!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home