Around Town
This weekend, Lily and I were scarcely home. Saturday started with visit to see Mary and Westbrook (see Mary's link for more pics). The babies haven't seen in eachother in quite a while, so I was very curious to see how they would react to one another. Clearly, Lily really liked Westbrook. West was cooing and kicking and shaking his little fists, but he was much more content to look at his Mommy than the silly baby laying next to him. As he was clearly more exciting than any toys Lily has at home, she of course, tried grab him.Here is Lily, making her first pass at darling Westbrook:
Here is her reaction when she realizes he has rebuffed her advances:
Westbrook has gotten so big and even more handsome! Mary and I joked that we will be laying them side by side up on this same blanket when they're 18 years old. They are a good-looking couple, no?
After a quick walk around the neighborhood with Mary & West, it was off to Grandma's for some more fun. Lily had fun with her Aunt Melissa, who played Halo 2 on her xbox. Note that both girls have the exact same expression on their face, as they are clearly enthralled in the game:

Lily and I ended up spending all day Sunday at my mom's house too (who graciously watched Lily while Devin and I had some couple-on-a-motorcycle time). I finally decided Lily was ready to try "real" food, as she has been doing really well on twice-daily cereal for a while. The daycare worker suggested starting with carrots, as they are a vegetable, but not too sweet to spoil her little tastebuds. I had my reservations and I wasn't quite sure how she'd react, but I should've known that my ever-hungry child would welcome a new taste!
The first bite went well. You can tell from the picture, she looks a tad perplexed, like she is contemplating whether or not to open her mouth for the second bite.

Within minutes, she was opening her mouth wide and grabbing for the spoon:

Feeding a 5 month old smushed carrots without making a total mess was quite an endeavor, but I think Lily really liked it. I bought a week's worth of baby food carrots, so she can have it for dinner each night this week. Then, maybe we'll start something new next week.

Here is a cute picture of Lily and her Daddy playing together. He would take a deep breath and then blow raspberries on her cheeks. It got to the point where all he'd have to do is inhale and she'd close her eyes tight and smile with anticipation. That kid loves her Daddy!

6 Comments:
At Mon Jul 24, 06:08:00 AM 2006,
Amy said…
Yay, Lily is baby food! That expensive formula will be out the door before you know it.
At Mon Jul 24, 08:35:00 AM 2006,
Anonymous said…
One day Lily will be the hottest girl in a school and we can show West these pictures. He had his chance!
Mary
At Mon Jul 24, 02:21:00 PM 2006,
Anonymous said…
Hahaha... Awesome facial expression, Ms Lily!
At Mon Jul 24, 08:42:00 PM 2006,
Leslie said…
AHHH! I love the "rejection" face.
At Tue Jul 25, 10:02:00 AM 2006,
Andrew, Zachary and Will's Mommy said…
Just wait till she gets a taste of "real" food! She'll think she's died and gone to heaven.
At Mon Aug 07, 08:39:00 PM 2006,
Anonymous said…
Here are some links that I believe will be interested
Post a Comment
<< Home