Five Months Old!!!!
Today is Lily's 5 Month Birthday!!!Ever since she was born, time seems to have started moving at Warp Speed. Wasn't it just yesterday that she couldn't roll over? Wasn't it the day before yesterday that she learned to smile? Wasn't it just last week that she was born?! I love that Lily is growing up and changing so much; its a truly fascinating process to watch. But I can't help but think that she may grow too fast and if I blink, I will miss it.
Miss Lily is now up to eating her cereal twice a day. Last weekend, at Leslie's, we tried to mix Lily's cereal with Applejuice (bc Leslie didn't have formula) and Lily just loved it. So now, her daycare cereal is mixed with milk, but her nighttime cereal is mixed with applejuice. She's a porker, thats for sure, she eats it up and wants for more!
When I came home from Leslie's last week, I think I may have overwhelmed Devin with information. Leslie has loaned us a Jumperoo and an Exersaucer (pictured below), and I was very excited about that. She also gave us Sam's old sippy cups. I asked Devin to wash them and put them up. Then, I told him about how much Lily liked having her cereal mixed with applejuice. To him, all of this must have sounded like Greek, so he did his perfunctory nod and smile and I was satisfied that he was sufficiently excited by all my news.
Monday night, Devin watched Lily so I could go out, and when I got home, I found him snuggled on the couch with Lily, feeding her applejuice from a sippy cup. *sigh* When I told him she wasn't ready for straight applejuice (let alone a sippy cup!), he said "Well, I put some cereal in it like you told me to!". This follows last week's episode in babysitting when I came home to find Lily in a backwards onesie. I guess Daddies have their own mysterious ways...

Doesn't she look like a big girl in her high chair? I think she really likes sitting upright; keeping the tray in place helps her from getting distracted and trying to eat her feet while I'm feeding her. Here is Devin's Dad, feeding Lily dinner tonight:

Lily loves the new Exersaucer. This thing really is the mac-daddy. It has more options than 50 Cent's Cadillac Escalade. Seriously, just look at it.

In other news, both Lily and I are under the weather. I actually missed work today because my throat (and curiously, just *one* tonsil) was so swollen that I couldn't sleep last night. Lily has been on the mend, so I sent her on to daycare and went to the doctor. The doctor gave me some antibiotics for a respiratory infection and said it was likely caused by a virus. It's very hard to take care of a baby when you feel bad. Luckily, Devin's Dad comes on Friday nights to watch Lily, so I'm taking the night off from Mommy-duty. Send us both good healing-vibes (and feel free to send some cough suppressants as well), and hopefully, we'll both feel better soon!
Also, I'd like to introduce...(da da duh da)....KNOEPFCHEN (German for "Button")! This is the ultrasound of my cousin Kristina's baby, who I believe, is due in January. We don't know yet if its a boy or a girl, but we are thinking girl because all the firstborns in my German family are girls. I will keep you posted. I hope that Knoepfchen (that will not be this child's permanent name) and Lily will be as close as me and my cousin, Kristina, are to one another. Its hard to stay in touch, as we live in different countries and all, but luckily the internet is very helpful! Now, we just have to get started on teaching Lily German. Hopefully, she'll be better at it than I am.
:-0

5 Comments:
At Fri Jul 14, 08:15:00 PM 2006,
Anonymous said…
Big changes for lil'Lily! Good work mommy!
~Mary
At Sat Jul 15, 05:21:00 AM 2006,
Anonymous said…
knöpfchen!
:D
At Sat Jul 15, 01:38:00 PM 2006,
Amy said…
Lily is really growing fast. I just can't believe that she is already sitting in a high chair and eating real food. You know that I love that little one so much, that if I go for more than a week without seeing her I have withdrawl. See you tonight!
At Fri Aug 11, 12:55:00 PM 2006,
Anonymous said…
I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»
At Wed Aug 16, 07:49:00 PM 2006,
Anonymous said…
Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»
Post a Comment
<< Home