I can clean poop without even wincing and spit up in my hair is par for the course.
I wish that I got paid for that job so I could stay home with her all day
She is the most adorable baby I've ever laid eyes on
I am obsessed with blogs – I spend a good deal of time blog-hopping
I also spend a fair amount of time on myspace
Myspace is addictive and I have no idea what I do on there for hours at a time
I am very OCD about the way I eat. One bite of each thing on my plate, followed by one sip of drink.
If I run out of drink, I cannot continue eating.
I like to be done with everything at the same time.
Another weird eating habit: I cannot finish a sandwich.
I will always leave one little corner uneaten on my plate. I have no idea why.
My Mom is a German citizen and has lived in the US since she was in her mid-twenties
As she is not a US Citizen, she is unable to vote.
She knows more about politics and world affairs than anyone I know.
She taught me to care about politics and to look at a broader view than just what the American media has to offer
My mom has always had foreign friends, so I have been lucky to be exposed to many different nationalities
I believe this makes me a more well-rounded and less judgmental person.
I get very heated about immigration discussions
My mom is my best friend.
I miss my family in Germany and wish that I could see them more often
I am hoping to be able to go October with Lily, my mom and my friend Andrea
I have visited the following cities: Paris, London (twice), Brighton (on the coast of England), Geneva, and Berlin.
I worry that people will think I’m bragging when I start a sentence with “Well, this one time in Paris…”
Bragging annoys the piss outta me.
I have never been anywhere north of Virginia or west of Tennessee.
I am dying to see more of the U.S.
Before it gets destroyed by the lack of environmental policy from the government
I am a raging liberal
I am so liberal that I am almost a socialist
I think healthcare should not cost an arm and a leg – literally.
I consider myself spiritual, but not really religious
I was raised Catholic
And I want to baptize Lily as a Catholic
Some people think Catholics are harsh and strict
That has not been my experience
I think God has blessed me with a lot of gifts
Today, I am trying to remain grateful for all of those gifts.
I am a self-pofessed "car-whore"
I really like engines and knowing how they work
I love talking cars with people who know more than me
And I love using that knowledge to make sure that I do not get screwed on car repairs when I take my car to a mechanic.
I have a sick fascination with grammar and spelling.
I often type so fast that I make lots of mistakes
However, I get annoyed by other people's typos.
I seriously enjoy editing.
I actually offer to edit people’s school papers for them
And I like it a little too much.
Mountain Dew is my drink of choice
My dentist says he can tell
My teeth are in serious jeopardy
I am waiting for Oprah to pay for a new set of porcelain veneers for me
I haven’t asked her yet.
I gained 50 lbs when I was pregnant
I loved my pregnant body
After I gave birth, I thought I’d lose the baby weight without even trying
That has not happened yet
There was a time, during my “bad’ days, when I weighed 98 lbs
I do not want to ever be that thin again
It was not becoming to me
I am still 20 lbs heavier than my pre-pregnancy weight
And 6 sizes bigger in the pants
I am trying not to get depressed about it.
There are bigger things to worry about than the size of my butt
I worry a little too much
I spend a lot of time worrying about things I can’t control
I used to have a bad anxiety disorder as a kid
I would vomit before every dentist or doctor appointment, birthday party, or school event
I have outgrown that almost entirely
I had Bell’s Palsy when I was 13
The doctors told me it was probably stress-related
It paralyzed half of my face for 3 months
I still have nerve damage in my face from it
When I ask people I knew when I was 13, they don’t remember it at all
I still try to bite my upper lip with my bottom teeth once a week or so to make sure its not coming back (that’s how I found it to begin with…I couldn’t get my teeth and lips to connect).
I can’t believe that was 13 years ago!
I have been dating the same guy since I was 16
We broke up for a year and he married someone else on impulse
They are divorced now
We may or may not get married someday
I don’t personally care if I’m married or not, but I think Lily should have parents that are married
I am scared to have a “real” wedding because I’m afraid I will embarrass myself walking down the aisle
I am very clumsy, so I might trip
Or my panic attacks might choose that very moment to return and I will puke on my dress
See, I told you I was a chronic worrier.
I am part of an Anonymous fellowship.
It has changed my life in every conceivable way
I have learned the value of honesty, open-mindedness, and willingness
I will never be fully “recovered”
I am grateful for this because this means my journey will never come to an end
I do everything “just for today”
I was (and still am) very scared to share this fact with people, as I am afraid they won’t want to be my friends anymore if they knew the truth
The people that do know have been very supportive
It gives me hope that I can be honest about my past and that I will still be loved
I am learning more and more every day how to be the kind of person I want to be
I know this will take a lifetime to achieve
I hope it will help me be a better mommy and role model to my daughter
She is the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me
I am lucky to have some really amazing people in my life
Wow, Lora....thanks for posting that! I know a lot of things about you I didn't know before. I learned your mom isn't a US citizen; no wonder immigration debates are hard for you. I'm sure the people crying the loudest to "just close our borders and kick 'em all out," couldn't even pass the US Citizenship test. Outrageous.
I am also fanatical about typos and "liberalism." My MIL once told me that once I had Sam, I would become more conservative. Not on your life! I'm proud to be a crazy liberal.
Thank you for being so forthcoming about your past! I really admire how easily you talk about your Anonymous fellowship. That shows true courage and recovery.
Gosh, I want to comment on everything you've written! You really have a way with words. I truly enjoyed reading that.
(Pssssst....I am a blog-a-holic, too. What do you think I do while Sam naps)? :)
Oh! Here's what I wanted to say. It's hard enough having half a face in your twenties. I couldn't IMAGINE how you felt dealing with it as a middle-schooler. Wow!
And there is nothing wrong with wanting to edit everyone else's papers. English rocks. It is SO much better than math. Numbers = boring.
I love the facts page. The crazy thing is, I new pretty much every single fact that you wrote. We have known each other for so long, and I think both of us have done so much growing over the past couple of years. I think that this is the happiest either of us have ever been.
Oh, and pleas dont correkt mi gramer and speling bekus it suks!
Leslie, Numbers doesn't equal boring, math rocks English=boring.
Wow, so many interesting things. I too learned a lot about you. Some I did know.
I remember the 'bad' days (I thought of them as scarey--as in don't do that again or I'll hurt you--I mean it), but not the Bell's Palsy. And we even had most of our classes together in 7th and 8th grade.
2 hours later and I am still in awe of your honesty. I think this will be especially cool for Lily to read as she gets older. Who you are now may change between now and then. It will be great for her to see how the 26 (27?) year old version of her mom saw the world.
9 Comments:
At Thu Jul 27, 12:42:00 PM 2006,
Anonymous said…
:)
I've read any single point.
I miss you!
At Thu Jul 27, 01:48:00 PM 2006,
Leslie said…
Wow, Lora....thanks for posting that! I know a lot of things about you I didn't know before. I learned your mom isn't a US citizen; no wonder immigration debates are hard for you. I'm sure the people crying the loudest to "just close our borders and kick 'em all out," couldn't even pass the US Citizenship test. Outrageous.
I am also fanatical about typos and "liberalism." My MIL once told me that once I had Sam, I would become more conservative. Not on your life! I'm proud to be a crazy liberal.
Thank you for being so forthcoming about your past! I really admire how easily you talk about your Anonymous fellowship. That shows true courage and recovery.
Gosh, I want to comment on everything you've written! You really have a way with words. I truly enjoyed reading that.
(Pssssst....I am a blog-a-holic, too. What do you think I do while Sam naps)? :)
At Thu Jul 27, 01:52:00 PM 2006,
Leslie said…
Oh! Here's what I wanted to say. It's hard enough having half a face in your twenties. I couldn't IMAGINE how you felt dealing with it as a middle-schooler. Wow!
And there is nothing wrong with wanting to edit everyone else's papers. English rocks. It is SO much better than math. Numbers = boring.
At Thu Jul 27, 03:53:00 PM 2006,
Amy said…
I love the facts page. The crazy thing is, I new pretty much every single fact that you wrote. We have known each other for so long, and I think both of us have done so much growing over the past couple of years. I think that this is the happiest either of us have ever been.
Oh, and pleas dont correkt mi gramer and speling bekus it suks!
Leslie, Numbers doesn't equal boring, math rocks English=boring.
At Thu Jul 27, 05:54:00 PM 2006,
Rachel said…
Wow, so many interesting things. I too learned a lot about you. Some I did know.
I remember the 'bad' days (I thought of them as scarey--as in don't do that again or I'll hurt you--I mean it), but not the Bell's Palsy. And we even had most of our classes together in 7th and 8th grade.
At Thu Jul 27, 09:08:00 PM 2006,
Anonymous said…
Love you Lora! This is a great idea. I may copy it at some point:)
Long live the liberals!!!!!
(You can edit my blog any day... it is so full of errors I can not even fathom fixing them)
~Mary
At Thu Jul 27, 10:56:00 PM 2006,
M said…
2 hours later and I am still in awe of your honesty. I think this will be especially cool for Lily to read as she gets older. Who you are now may change between now and then. It will be great for her to see how the 26 (27?) year old version of her mom saw the world.
At Fri Jul 28, 01:18:00 PM 2006,
Leslie said…
Now it's my turn to thank YOU. The comment you left on my blog was wonderful to read. Thank you. :)
At Tue Aug 01, 01:23:00 AM 2006,
Anonymous said…
Love you!! :))
Post a Comment
<< Home