Random Thoughts on a Rainy Day

The weather is rainy and Devin is gone for the day, so what is there to do? Why, chase the baby around with the camera! Super idea!
Lily is currently in her crib "crying it out" -- aka slightly fussing while she falls asleep. If she were really hollering, you'd better believe I'd be in there in a NY minute. I'm just not good with her screaming. Fussing, however, I'm learning to tune out :)
So, today, while rooting through some clothes to give Westbrook, I stuck a yellow duckie hat on Lily's head. She hated it, but she looked really darn cute in it. I couldn't resist, so I snapped some pictures:

Now that Lily can scoot, me pointing the camera at her causes her to hurl herself at me to try and grab it from me. The proof is in the picture:

So, to add to the randomness of this post, I will note for future use that Lily tried Oatmeal cereal and Bananas for the first time for her breakfast. I saw in one of Leslie's old posts, that she had listed Sam's schedule so she could remember it someday. So, I will do the same thing in case I ever have more kids (no, that is not an announcement). Her current feeding schedule is something like this:
7:30 AM 6-8 oz formula
10-11:00 AM cereal (today oatmeal with added bananas)
1-2 PM 6-8 oz formula
5-6 PM 6-8 oz formula
8-9 PM Rice Cereal with one jar food (so far, we've tried carrots, peas, pears, and sweet potatos)
Once in a while, Lily will have a 4 oz bottle before she falls asleep, but not very often. I am thinking of adding a lunch time jar food feeding soon.
Wow, this must be incredibly boring for you all to read.
Lily is back in the office with me now. She was just fussing way too much, so now she is on the floor, tugging at my skirt. You can put a bazillion baby toys on the ground and Lily will briefly glance them over before deciding that she'd rather play with things that aren't really toys. Other than mommy's flowing skirt, Lily also likes feet, Daddy's combat boots and an ill-placed motherboard on a low-level shelf. So, for her first birthday, please bring gifts that are shoe or computer-related. Lily should be the new spokesmodel for Doc Martens:

Here is a video of Lily scooting around in her crib. She has slept in her crib alone for the last few nights (Devin started putting her there while I was in California). I jacked up the monitor last night and for the first time ever, let my baby sleep in another room from where I was sleeping. This was tough, but I think she sleeps better in the crib than her playyard bassinet now (also, she is trying to climb out of the bassinet). Lily's greatest motivator in scooting is the darn pacifier (I see this becoming a problem someday). She can really get going fast when she sees that thing. Lily will be 6 months old on Monday, I can't believe how fast its gone by!
Video Hosting - Upload Video - Video Sharing
2 Comments:
At Sat Aug 12, 04:56:00 PM 2006,
Amy said…
First of all, I love love love the video. Keep them coming.
Second, can I come help you childproof your house before Lily really starts getting into stuff. I remember how much they start getting into, and I think I could offer some good advice.
Third, I can't wait to read a blog about the grandparents.
At Tue Aug 15, 06:16:00 AM 2006,
Anonymous said…
haha in that video she looks like some kinda frog/fish....go with it...=P
woo, leavin' for my 1st official day of college in 20min =P time flies.
Post a Comment
<< Home