6 Month Appointment!
Yesterday, I took Lily to her 6 month appointment and it went really well. The nurses at the office love Lily. One nurse has a baby who was born on the exact same day as Lily, so we always compare stories. They even remembered the outfit she was wearing at her 4 month appointment (guess leopard print on a baby is memorable). They must've called in all of their coworkers to witness Lily's big open-mouth grin (see the picture in the post with Devin putting his hat on her or the one where she's eating his boot). She definately provided some laughs for the office staff.
All her measurements went well. She weighs 16 lbs 6 oz, is 26.5 inches long and her head circumfrence is 43.5 cm. All of these are in the 75th percentile. I love that she's perfectly proportional :)
Then came the shots. Since Lily had such a bad reaction to her 4 month shots, we opted to wait on the polio vaccine til she is 18 months. So, she ended up with three shots: Hep B, DTP, and Pneumococcal Conjugate (I cannot pronounce this, but it was something to do with Meningitis). This go-round has been *much* better so far! She was only mildly fussy, no temperature this time and no lethargy whatsoever. I'm so relieved since last time was such a nightmare.
Well, let's see, what else? On the job front, they've given us a date of October 2nd. Yeah. That's pretty darn soon. I am close to making the decision to just stay home with Lily. My only reservation is fear that I won't get unemployment (I have no idea what the rules are) or that it won't be enough money. I definately think that I'd be happier staying home with my baby for a while than transfering to a different department. I kind of wanted to be a Stay At Home Mom all along. Work is great and money is super, but missing her milestones is heartbreaking. I almost hate it when her teachers tell me the funny or new things she does because it reminds me just how much I'm missing out on. That's another reason why I'm excited for Leslie to keep Lily (even though it may only be a month). Leslie will be able to tease Lily when she's 30 "I used to change your diapers!" and take pictures and videos of Lily's milestones for me.
Oh, one of the funny things her teacher told me about:
Lily pouted when they put her in the crib for naptime the other day. She held onto the crib bars and smushed her little face on the bars while wailing pitifully. The teacher tried to ignore her, so that she'd fall asleep and when she turned around, Lily had completely passed out. With her head still pressed against the crib bars. Yep, thats my baby. They said they took pictures, so hopefully they can print or email them to me.
I will post some more pictures when I have time. I keep forgetting to take Lily to get professional pictures. Maybe I will squeeze that in this weekend!
All her measurements went well. She weighs 16 lbs 6 oz, is 26.5 inches long and her head circumfrence is 43.5 cm. All of these are in the 75th percentile. I love that she's perfectly proportional :)
Then came the shots. Since Lily had such a bad reaction to her 4 month shots, we opted to wait on the polio vaccine til she is 18 months. So, she ended up with three shots: Hep B, DTP, and Pneumococcal Conjugate (I cannot pronounce this, but it was something to do with Meningitis). This go-round has been *much* better so far! She was only mildly fussy, no temperature this time and no lethargy whatsoever. I'm so relieved since last time was such a nightmare.
Well, let's see, what else? On the job front, they've given us a date of October 2nd. Yeah. That's pretty darn soon. I am close to making the decision to just stay home with Lily. My only reservation is fear that I won't get unemployment (I have no idea what the rules are) or that it won't be enough money. I definately think that I'd be happier staying home with my baby for a while than transfering to a different department. I kind of wanted to be a Stay At Home Mom all along. Work is great and money is super, but missing her milestones is heartbreaking. I almost hate it when her teachers tell me the funny or new things she does because it reminds me just how much I'm missing out on. That's another reason why I'm excited for Leslie to keep Lily (even though it may only be a month). Leslie will be able to tease Lily when she's 30 "I used to change your diapers!" and take pictures and videos of Lily's milestones for me.
Oh, one of the funny things her teacher told me about:
Lily pouted when they put her in the crib for naptime the other day. She held onto the crib bars and smushed her little face on the bars while wailing pitifully. The teacher tried to ignore her, so that she'd fall asleep and when she turned around, Lily had completely passed out. With her head still pressed against the crib bars. Yep, thats my baby. They said they took pictures, so hopefully they can print or email them to me.
I will post some more pictures when I have time. I keep forgetting to take Lily to get professional pictures. Maybe I will squeeze that in this weekend!
7 Comments:
At Thu Aug 17, 08:16:00 AM 2006,
Amy said…
New mo cockal conjugate. There hope that helps with the pronunciation. So glad the appt. went we for Lilypie. I really want to see the pics of her asleep with her face smashed against the crib.
At Thu Aug 17, 11:02:00 AM 2006,
Leslie said…
I'm glad to hear the shots went better this go-round. I know that makes things a lot easier on not only Lily, but you as well!
I would love to see pictures of Lily's pouty face, smashed against the crib!
At Thu Aug 17, 02:44:00 PM 2006,
Andrew, Zachary and Will's Mommy said…
Lora -
I can give you the scoop on unemployment as I just finished collecting mine. I'll get your e-mail addy from Rachel and send you info. on it.
For now, check www.ncesc.com.
Amy
At Thu Aug 17, 08:12:00 PM 2006,
Anonymous said…
Thank you stopping by my Blog.
That is a sweet story.
My heart breaks thinking about going back to work and missing any of Piper's moments. Tough decisions to make, I wish you all the best making yours.
Take care,
At Fri Aug 18, 10:00:00 AM 2006,
Sarah said…
Hey, this is Sarah (sarahjoy) from BabyZone....I love your blog! So cool! And, as always, Lily is a doll!
At Fri Aug 18, 02:48:00 PM 2006,
Leslie said…
Thanks for telling me about Site Meter! I'm signing up for it now.
At Fri Aug 18, 02:52:00 PM 2006,
Lew said…
Of course you can add me on your page...how do I add you on my page??? I'm clueless. I'd love it if Eliza would help me, but who knows if she even remembers me. I feel kinda dumb asking...
Post a Comment
<< Home