What happened to my baby?!

Okay, so I had a nice post planned about our whole big day and what we did. Well, Lily blew my planned post right out of the water by hitting a completely insane milestone. Lily can pull herself up from sitting to standing in her crib!!! Yes, you read that right. She did it multiple times, but we only caught it on video once. Can anyone say heart attack? She turns 6 months old TOMORROW -- most babies do not do this until they are around 9 months old, I think. Geez, those must've been super pre-natal vitamins I took when I was pregnant!!!
So, I offer proof in the form of this video:
Video Hosting - Upload Video - Video Sharing
She also figured out how to get from a crawling position into a sitting position. These are the things that I miss in daycare, so I have to get my excitement on the weekends. Speaking of daycare, Leslie will start keeping Lily soon. Devin and I went up there today to hang out with Leslie and Joe a bit and nail down the terms of our agreement. I had grown pretty comfortable with Lily's current daycare and wasn't sure if I was ready to take her out of there yet (considering Leslie's house is a good 10 mile hike from my work -- 20 miles from my house or so). I had decided to pray on it and let whatever happens happen. So, 2 things happened that made me decide that now was the time: 1 - Leslie's super MRI results and 2 - The Daycare issued a letter charging us an annual fee of $75 and increasing the current weekly rate by $10 to $215 a week. This is so far out of our price range, that it is unfeasible right now to pay that amount. So, Super-Leslie to the rescue! Lily will soon be spending her days with Sam and Westbrook and Leslie.
Okay, now you may breathe from the excitement that I'm sure you're overcome with and take a look at the rest of our weekend pictures. Lily went to visit her greatgrandparents (my Dad's parents) Saturday afternoon and they enjoyed snuggling with her. On Sunday morning, Lily and I met Amy and Brendon at the park for a walk. I bet some of you are shocked that I was actually excercising. I know, I was shocked too. I just had a burst of inspiration, so it was off to Freedom Park!
Here is Lily, hanging out in the stroller. She really loved the walk. She likes to sit up very straight in her stroller now, so she can pay close attention to what's going on around her.
Here she is, looking rather unimpressed with the passing ducks. For those of you who are very detail-oriented, she is wearing different clothes than the picture above. That is because it got hot when the sun came out and her cute sweatsuit was no longer appropriate.

And here is my favorite picture of Brendon, possibly ever, and I'm proud to say that I'm the one that took it. Isn't he the cutest?

5 Comments:
At Sun Aug 13, 10:35:00 PM 2006,
Andrew, Zachary and Will's Mommy said…
Way to go Lily! The fun is only starting. Better start baby proofing that house.
It's also wonderful Leslie will be watching Lily. It's always easier mentally knowing someone you trust is watching your most prized possession.
Have a good week!
At Mon Aug 14, 06:40:00 AM 2006,
CAGB said…
She is totally lovely.
At Mon Aug 14, 10:17:00 AM 2006,
Amy said…
Oh my God, we have to get that house babyproofed STAT! I am definately coming over tomorrow, and I will try to work on some of that too.
We had a great time at the park with you guys. The weather is finally good, so we can go get excercise every weekend. Are you in?
At Mon Aug 14, 10:51:00 AM 2006,
Rachel said…
Happy Sixth Month Day Lily!!! I can't believe it, time has gone by so fast. I need to love on her at the beach!
I'm jealous super mommy Leslie will be watching Lily and Westbrook(I think that was what you said). If anyone can handle it, she can. I know that will be so comforting for you and Mary.
I think you did take some super prenatal vitimins. She looks so tall. Please tell me it's just that her mattress is on a higher level. She looks like she could climb right out. My mom said my brother used to do that, I'm hoping Kirby moves to his toddler bed before he attempts that.
At Mon Aug 14, 01:08:00 PM 2006,
Leslie said…
Watch out world!!!! Here comes SUPER LILY!!!! Wow, how incredible - already pulling up to a stand and getting to sitting from crawling at six months. I am so impressed with Miss Lily!
I can't wait til I get my hands on her and West. It will be my life's mission to make 80s music their favorite kind of music. Well, that, and feed them, of course.
Post a Comment
<< Home