Saturday, August 26, 2006

Saturday Pictures


Friday was Lily's last day of daycare and it was pretty sad. How do you express in a thank you card how much you appreciate someone taking care of your child? I tried my best and I remembered to take all of her stuff with me (most of her "spare" clothes were way too small --oops!). I promised to send pictures and updates and bring her by to visit when I'm a stay-at-home-mom. Leslie officially starts her job as Lily-Monster's caretaker on Monday, which I am excited about. I'm thinking she might have her hands full! I'm curious to see how Lily and Sam will get along. They've interacted before, but since both are so mobile now, I have a feeling Lily will be chasing Sam relentlessly. Can't wait for Leslie's stories on Monday night!

In other news, Lily's new favorite chew toy is her Burt's Bees diaper creme. Who needs toys when you have zinc oxide in a tube?

Here's my girl, enjoying her stroller when we went to the airport to see off our German cousins, Silvia and Marcus, who are heading home today! (love you guys!)


On the job front, I've made a definate decision to be a stay at home mom for a while. I'm excited about it and looking forward to some quality Lily-time. So, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank my company for laying me off ;)

4 Comments:

  • At Sat Aug 26, 05:40:00 PM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can not believe how big she has gotten or how mobile she is. I would love to see you both in person soon. love you!!!!!Neva

     
  • At Sun Aug 27, 09:36:00 AM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So, my two elder cousins are now stay-at-home-mommies. I'm sure I'll be following you guys in a couple of years. Hope you enjoy this experience a lot.
    And I'm still looking forward to seeing you pretty soon! Give me an update about your plans!

     
  • At Sun Aug 27, 07:01:00 PM 2006, Blogger Leslie said…

    I CAN'T WAIT! I am so excited!

    While I was putting Sam to bed, I told him all about how Lily was going to come visit him every day. I can't wait to watch them playing together.

     
  • At Mon Aug 28, 08:28:00 AM 2006, Blogger Amy said…

    I can't wait to see the blogs that Leslie will post once she has both of these children to care for. Or will she have time to blog anymore...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home