Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Tuesday


Sorry, I ran out of clever post titles. Will think of some new ones when my brain begins to function again...

My mom watched Lily while I went to yoga last night and when I came to pick her up, my mom told me how different Lily's attitude had been. She said she seemed a lot happier and less overtired. We figured out that she must've been getting very overstimulated at daycare and she was able to relax more at Leslie's. Lily loves to give Leslie big smiles and enjoys shrieking in Sam's general direction. She tried to grab him and eat him today, but he's a fast one, so he high-tailed it across the living room floor.

Since I stopped by on my lunch break again today, I managed to get some pictures of the babies playing. Leslie and I have decided that Lily is fearless. She has no qualms about standing up on any available object then scooting herself alongside it. She really loves Sam's leapfrog tables. Sam kept coming over to check on her and make sure she was playing correctly:


Sam kept setting off his talking Barney doll and Leslie was nice enough to try to move the doll and spare Lily from Barney telling her that she's special. You can see what her reaction to the purple dinosaur was:


Okay, Lily is jumping furiously in the Jumperoo right now, whining loudly to let me know its dinnertime. What's on the menu, you ask? Why, its Turkey with some vegtables, all pureed and packed into a little glass jar. Mmmm, tasty!

**Edited to Add**

Lily did something ridiculously cute just now, but very terrifying. This kid is into everything, she is constantly exploring and getting into trouble! Look at these pictures and see if you can figure out where she is:


You are thinking "Oh, isn't that cute, she crawled up on a bookshelf."

Please, allow me to give you a wider view:

In a room FULL of toys and books, she chose to play under the computer desk with wire and coax cable. She is definately her father's daughter!

6 Comments:

  • At Tue Aug 29, 08:12:00 PM 2006, Blogger Leslie said…

    Lily, you do realize you're only 6 1/2 months old, right?

    Sam was flattered that Lily would want to eat him. He's sorry he ran away so fast.

    See you tomorrow!

     
  • At Tue Aug 29, 10:05:00 PM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh my god, I ADORE that first pic of her. what a perfect little mouth! so cute.

     
  • At Wed Aug 30, 08:07:00 AM 2006, Blogger Lew said…

    IS SHE WALKING??? The fact that she is standing at 6 1/2 months old is remarkable. I can't believe how fast she is developing...you definitely have a genius on your hands!
    I remember when Clive started finally getting good naps (around the same age as Lily) he was a completely different kid. Way to go Leslie! It makes all the difference in their behavior.
    Lily is so precious! Her eyes are captivating.

     
  • At Wed Aug 30, 09:08:00 AM 2006, Blogger Leslie said…

    I love the first picture, too! Her eyes look so gorgeous - look at those perfect little eyelashes!

     
  • At Wed Aug 30, 06:51:00 PM 2006, Blogger Amy said…

    Awww, we have to come see Lily this weekend. We miss you guys!

    Yes, Lily is definately her fathers child!

     
  • At Fri Sep 01, 10:29:00 AM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That 1st picture is soooooooooooooooooo cute!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home