Thursday, August 31, 2006

Lessons from Lily 101

Welcome to your first course in Lessons from Lily. My name is Lily and I will be your guide through this exciting classroom experience! Today, we will be covering "How to play with things in an unconventional manner and how to completely shock and awe your parents."

I am a highly creative baby. At six months, I have already come up with some new and interesting ways to play with the Exersaucer.

Note to all babies, you may also do the following things to make your Exersaucer experience more enjoyable:

1. Pull yourself into a standing position and see what the toys look like from the backside!

2. Find the ONLY part of the entire contraption that is not meant to be played with (the warning label) and insert into mouth

3. When your mommy pushes the seat down so that you no longer can see the warning label, drop to all fours and go underneath the exersaucer to reach your target plaything

My other new trick is being able to stand up in my play-yard. I have been studying these dangling fish for quite a while and have observed them moving to a musical sound. I have always looked at them wistfully and have been dying to play with them. Well, today, I finally figured out how. The trick is to smash your head against the mesh side of the playyard to maintain balance while you stand up. Once you've accomplished this, move slowly along the side of the playyard until you reach the fish. Grab the fish and then use it as your primary source of balance. Don't worry, that flimsy string its attached to will hold your weight! Observe:


This concludes today's lesson. I hope you all took good notes. We will be having a quiz on Monday. For next class, please read in your textbooks, Chapter 5: Playing Weird Games with Daddy. Be prepared for a full discussion next class!

4 Comments:

  • At Thu Aug 31, 08:24:00 PM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lora, I enjoy your writing immensely, please consider writing a book someday, any subject will do. Your use and play with words is so delightful.
    Lily will treasure this Blog and we will have to put it into a book form soon.
    Luv u all MoM

     
  • At Fri Sep 01, 06:07:00 AM 2006, Blogger Leslie said…

    I love your writing, too! Can I steal this idea and have a course in Sam 101? :)

    Lily is ingenious! She's already figured out how to go about getting the thing she wants (crawling under the exersaucer to get to the warning label).

     
  • At Fri Sep 01, 09:33:00 AM 2006, Blogger Amy said…

    I agree. This is probably the most entertaining post yet. I love it!

    Lily is so freaking smart. I knew she would be considering who her parents are.

     
  • At Sat Sep 02, 07:24:00 PM 2006, Blogger Richards' said…

    Lily and Gabby are doing a lot of the same stuff! Gabby is all over the place! She loves the computer! She gets mad when I put her by her toys and away from plastic bags and the computer.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home