Farewell! We're Off!
Gosh, my stomach is in knots!!!
I'm close to being packed and ready. Its complicated to try and fit everything we need to take into a few small bags. I think I've packed wisely and laid out our clothes for tomorrow. I have a lot left to do, but I think we're gonna be okay.
The plan is that we get to the airport around 8 AM (Devin is driving us) and then our flight to Philly leaves around 11 AM. We have a several hour layover in Philly and then we'll leave for Frankfurt around 4PM and should arrive in Germany by 6 AM their time. Then its a 2 hour drive from the airport to my grandmother's house. Geesh, look how long that took to type! It'll be a loooooonnng trip!
Also, did I mention that we are travelling with my friend Beth, and her 5 year old and 14 month old? Yes, that's 3 adults (my mom is coming too) and 3 kids! Everyone on that plane will hate us! Oh, yes. We are also travelling standby. Mmhmm, you can sigh now.
Lily has a message for you all:
Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos
Believe it or not, she can actually wave when she says it, but I guess she wasn't in the mood when we filmed this. She also "Na-na" the other day when we were playing with the door knocker and I was saying "Knock Knock." My baby is brilliant :)
I promise to take lots of pictures and have lots of good stories to blog about when I return. Well, I may be a bit bleary-eyed when we get back, as I have to drag my jetlagged body to work the next morning. Argh.
Love you all and see you soon!
I'm close to being packed and ready. Its complicated to try and fit everything we need to take into a few small bags. I think I've packed wisely and laid out our clothes for tomorrow. I have a lot left to do, but I think we're gonna be okay.
The plan is that we get to the airport around 8 AM (Devin is driving us) and then our flight to Philly leaves around 11 AM. We have a several hour layover in Philly and then we'll leave for Frankfurt around 4PM and should arrive in Germany by 6 AM their time. Then its a 2 hour drive from the airport to my grandmother's house. Geesh, look how long that took to type! It'll be a loooooonnng trip!
Also, did I mention that we are travelling with my friend Beth, and her 5 year old and 14 month old? Yes, that's 3 adults (my mom is coming too) and 3 kids! Everyone on that plane will hate us! Oh, yes. We are also travelling standby. Mmhmm, you can sigh now.
Lily has a message for you all:
Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos
Believe it or not, she can actually wave when she says it, but I guess she wasn't in the mood when we filmed this. She also "Na-na" the other day when we were playing with the door knocker and I was saying "Knock Knock." My baby is brilliant :)
I promise to take lots of pictures and have lots of good stories to blog about when I return. Well, I may be a bit bleary-eyed when we get back, as I have to drag my jetlagged body to work the next morning. Argh.
Love you all and see you soon!
5 Comments:
At Sun Oct 15, 07:12:00 PM 2006,
Amy said…
I hope that you guys have an awesome trip! When we went to Germany with just the adults I was exhausted, I don't know how I would handle chilren. You are a brave woman, but Lily is a good baby.
Also, I love the video. Too bad she wasn't willing to wave for me today. It was great to see her though!:)
At Mon Oct 16, 08:52:00 AM 2006,
Anonymous said…
miss you both already!.. and i'm still on stand by of picking you up =P hah.
At Mon Oct 16, 09:09:00 AM 2006,
Lew said…
Germany huh? I had no idea!! That's awesome! You are one brave woman to travel that far with a little one. I admire you for doing it though b/c I'm sure it will be an unforgettable experience. Have fun and be safe!! Can't wait to see pictures.
At Mon Oct 16, 09:11:00 AM 2006,
Anonymous said…
Have a great trip, Lily! Planes are so much fun.
xoxo Piper
At Mon Oct 16, 08:02:00 PM 2006,
Rachel said…
Have a great time in Germany. One of my favorite places I've ever visited. At least you have as many adults as you do kids. One on one defence is easiest. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home