Saturday, October 07, 2006

A Day On The Farm


Yay! Despite the dreary weather, we had an absolute blast today with the babies! Lily and I joined Leslie & Sam, Mary & Westbrook, Caiti (best helper EVER!), and new friends Casey and baby Sophie for a day of fun at local Hunter Farm. It was cold and drizzly, but we definately made the most of it. Are we domestic or what?

Four Babes in a Pumpkin Patch:

Sophie, Westbrook (look at him, all bundled up in his hat and scarf!), Sam (who disappears in picture 2) , and Lily


Sam, Sophie, and Lily all took a (very overpriced) pony ride. Um, it didn't go as well as I might have hoped. Lily comes from a long line of Equestrians, so I was hoping she'd get a little more out of the pony ride. She just looked very confused and weirded out. Oh well, we'll try again when she's older :) Sam was not happy about the pony ride at all! He was happy to be back on solid ground after this ride.

Here we are on the hayride to the petting zoo. Sorry, Caiti, I was too lazy to photoshop you out of this picture, but I think you look just fine! Mildly lobotomized, but fine (seriously, I'm kidding!). You can't see Westbrook, but he is in a sling, sleeping on Mary. The wagon was covered (thank goodness, bc it was drizzling) and pulled by a tractor. Lily wasn't too excited on the way there...again, she just look confused :)

From there we headed to the cow-milking area. We met a poor Holstein named Sweetie, who had some birth defects and ended up with 3 teets and a clubfoot. Poor Sweetie, I felt sorry for her! The tour guide told us that their milk cows HAVE to be milked twice a day...to which Mary pointed at herself, and said quietly that she needs to be milked "8 times a day!" Mary totally had that lactating cow beat. She also managed to slightly offend the soccer dad standing next to her.

We then moved on to the petting zoo in the barn, which housed lots of fun animals. So, here's the breakdown of Lily's experience:

Lily liked the sheep...



Lily liked the baby calves, who were less than a week old...



Lily like the goats, who were happy to eat out of Aunt Caiti's hand...

Lily did NOT like the Rooster!


She also got some another chance to practice her horsebackriding skills (although there was no horse in sight)

Casey and baby Sophie enjoyed the barn as well! Sophie actually liked the chickens a lot!



The hayride back was much more fun, looks like WB liked it!


Lily really liked to eat the hay!

Lily hangs with the boys...

After the hayride, the kids all got a small pumpkin. There were a lot of nice ones to choose from!

We choose this one

7 Comments:

  • At Sat Oct 07, 06:07:00 PM 2006, Blogger Amy said…

    It looks like you guys had a great time. I wish I could have gone with you. I love all of the pics of the babies. They look like they had a great experience at the farm.

     
  • At Sat Oct 07, 06:16:00 PM 2006, Blogger Leslie said…

    Oh my goodness, those are great pics!! And you are did a great job at capturing all the things we did on film. Sam and I had a wonderful time with you guys!

     
  • At Sat Oct 07, 08:41:00 PM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh my gosh those pumpkin patch pictures are awesome! Love the four babies in the patch.

     
  • At Sun Oct 08, 07:39:00 PM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    improper riding techniques can make anyone upset. I'll teach Lily someday and she'll love it. :D

    loved the pics. She looks great in the helmet.

     
  • At Mon Oct 09, 09:05:00 AM 2006, Blogger Leslie said…

    Aunt Deanna, will you please show Sam as well? He might benefit from that lesson, too.

    I am looking forward to our next outing! Where are we going to go next?

     
  • At Thu Oct 12, 08:03:00 PM 2006, Blogger Rachel said…

    I love the pictures. Wish Kirby and I could have been along for all the fun. We are coming to visit next Thursday(the 19th I think) and will be in town until Monday--hope we can get together.

     
  • At Sat Oct 14, 09:19:00 AM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you for the lovely comments... feel free to link away!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home