Happy 9 Months, Lily!
So, my baby is officially nine months old now. Her first year is speeding by! I was reading my posts from when she was born and marveling at how fast things can change in just nine months.
Here's what Lily can do at 9 Months old:
Here's what Lily can do at 9 Months old:
- Crawls at a frightening speed. She likes to follow me around the house like a puppy and cannot stand, under any circumstances, to be confined to her exersaucer or jumperoo or playpen.
- Can "clap" her hands and say "yay!"
- Says "Bye-bye" while waving her hands (usually both, pointed at herself)
- Says Mama and Dada and I'm pretty sure she knows who those people are
- Stands up on her own and remains standing for up to a minute before falling on her bottom
- Gives big mushy kisses (open mouthed) and then pulls away and makes the smooching noise
- Likes solid food better than anything else...last night Devin actually gave her Gerber Toddler weiners (gross, she smelled like cat food for the rest of the night) and she gobbled them up. She also likes baby crackers, zweiback bread and fruit puffs.
- Understands object relationships. She thinks its funny to try and put her pacifier in my mouth. Ew.
- Imitates any and all noises, slurps, strawberries and serberts that she hears
- Dances to music...she likes to bounce when my cell phone rings
- Loves Laundry. She didn't get this from me, but she loves to play in laundry and help me "fold." Or unfold, as the case may be.
- Says "All done!" after I say it
- Has been sleeping 12 hours a night -- I really hope that lasts awhile
- Still only has her 2 bottom teeth, but we expect more pretty soon
- Says "bum, bum, bum" when she's frustrated, which I think means No. I'll keep you posted on that one. She said it this morning while spitting out her peaches (she then happily wolfed down a banana) and she said it last night when she got tired of Devin throwing her up in the air.
- We still struggle with the sleep thing. She screams when I put her in the crib, like I've sentenced her to a horrible fate. The Cry It Out thing is hard on my nerves. I let her fall asleep, but if she wakes up later and fusses, I pull her into bed with me. I know, I'm weak.
- Is still the best thing that has ever happened to me and I'm forever grateful to have such a sweet baby!
Here is Lily at Chuck E Cheese this weekend. She really loved this ride, so we let her ride it 5 times in a row. She put her hands up on the steering wheel and turned it side to side like she was actually driving. Where on earth did she learn that? I promise her carseat is rear-facing and I never put her on my lap!
I will post some 9 month pictures after we get dressed and I take some :)

5 Comments:
At Wed Nov 15, 03:30:00 PM 2006,
Anonymous said…
Happy nine month birthday, Lily!
We put Piper to bed in her crib and at some point in the night she ends up in our bed. The CIO is hard on my nerves too. I. Just. Can't. Do. It.
We do like her in our bed for a while, gives her and Daddy more time together even though they are sleeping. Piper always reaches out for him and rubs his arm. It is stinkin' cute.
In the morning, she plays with my hair and talks to me.
These moments won't last forever (at least I hope I won't wake up next to my 16 year old Piper.. lol) so cherish them while you can because it does go by so fast.
At Wed Nov 15, 08:31:00 PM 2006,
Leslie said…
Oh, you can't fool us, Britney Spears wannabe! I know you drive all over town with Lily in your lap; just admit it! :)
Happy nine months, sweet girl! Lora, she is growing so much, and so fast! Can you believe how quick it goes by?
Lily is doing so many cute things! I love the idea of her saying, "Bum, bum, bum." Precious!
I would love to go to Chuck E Cheese with you guys sometime. I bet the two of them would have a blast!
At Wed Nov 15, 10:44:00 PM 2006,
Anonymous said…
woo woo, Chuck e cheese...i'll bring you some frames from work for those pictures!
At Fri Nov 17, 05:30:00 PM 2006,
Amy said…
God, I love that baby! I love her like I love my own child.
Oh, and I also love doing laundry with you guys;)
At Fri Nov 17, 08:01:00 PM 2006,
Andrew, Zachary and Will's Mommy said…
Lily, you are getting to be such a big girl! Hard to believe you'll be a year old soon.
Post a Comment
<< Home