Where Have I Been?
The Appointment
So, Lily had her big doctor appointment on Thursday for her nine month checkup. All went pretty well, considering we had no vaccines. Her percentiles are very kooky, though!
Weight: 17 lbx 15 oz - 40th percentile
Length: 28 inches - 70th percentile
Head Circumfrence: 45.5 cm - 90th percentile.
Let's sum this up, shall we? She has a really large head, is very tall, but doesn't weigh very much. Honestly, I am a bit concerned by this. I mean, I don't want her to look like a Qtip or anything!
After talking it over with a friend, I decided that I wouldn't concentrate on her numbers too much. The proverbial "they" who write the books and design the growth charts are just gatherers of averages, not necessarily norms (remember mean, median, and mode from high school?). So, I'm gonna focus on Lily being herself. Qtip or not :)
Also, she got her flu shot. It was so cute, she didn't even cry! Her eyes got big for a second and then she looked at me funny. That was it. I think its gonna hurt her more to remove the band-aid, which I do not yet have the courage to do.
One thing the Dr and I also discussed is Lily's head shape. Two pieces of her skull right in front of her soft spot are slightly overlapping. My friend Beth had told me the same thing had happened to her daughter and it would work itself out. The doctor pretty much said the same thing. Now my girl is a cone-headed Qtip! I love it!
Catching up
I'm sure you're all wondering why I don't post more. Honestly, I have no clue. The very cool thing is that even though I'm home all day, I am on the computer less and watching TV less than ever! I'm trying to stay very busy by going to the Y twice a week to work out, hanging out with friends, taking care of Lily, going to meetings, etc. Life is busy and I love that! I fully intend on accosting several of you in the coming weeks, so be warned!
I'm loving staying home with Lily. I found out that I actually enjoy doing some housework. No, wait. Let me rephrase that. I enjoy the deep sense of satisfaction that comes with completing housework! Good for me that I get to constantly relive that because my baby and my man are slobs :)
This Morning
Here is a video of Lily being VERY goofy! I love the faces she makes!
Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos
4 Comments:
At Sat Nov 18, 12:20:00 PM 2006,
Anonymous said…
She is so cute! I don't focus on the percentiles either. We don't ask for them and the Dr. doesn't tell us... that is how we like it.
I don't think she looks like a Q tip at all... just cute.
At Sat Nov 18, 12:38:00 PM 2006,
Leslie said…
A Q-tip?? Ha ha! Lora, where do you get these silly ideas? No one thinks Lily is even close to resembling a q-tip, I promise you. Don't worry - your q-tip daughter can hang out with my linebacker son. We get accosted anytime we go somewhere: "Goodness, he's big! What are you feeding him?"
Percentiles, schmercentiles. I used to worry, worry, worry about all kinds of things that Sam was either doing way too soon or not doing at all. Then Rachel told me the same thing your friend told you. I know it's normal to be concerned about your children's growth and whatnot, but I promise you, Lily is perfect in every sense of the word.
Geez, that video was freaking adorable. I love those smiles of hers!
At Sat Nov 18, 10:43:00 PM 2006,
Lew said…
I've decided, Lily is a genius! And a beautiful one at that!
At Mon Nov 20, 12:59:00 PM 2006,
Anonymous said…
Don't worry Lora. Banastre is definitely a Qtip...his head was 46.5 cm and 95%. I know they will both be fine. Elizabeth always had a big head too. It never hurt her.
I love the video, Lily is so darn cute!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home