10 Months Old!
Instead of celebrating, she is in her crib throwing a temper tantrum. The poor baby came down with a cold last night and has been a whiny mess for the past week or so. She's cutting her top 4 middle teeth and it just hasn't gone too well. We are hoping that they teeth will pop through and the cold will pass really soon!
We FINALLY got our Christmas Tree! Here are some pics of us buying it. I have to say I went a little overboard on the tree. I guess I thought it would be a little over 6 ft tall (Dev is 6'3")...I was wrong. Apparently, I lack spatial reasoning skills because my tree touches the top of my 9 foot ceiling. Yeah, we all know I did bad in math.


Lily hung out with Devin in the front yard while he put on the lights (I have to point out that I find it incredible smart that he put on the lights BEFORE bringing it inside. He's a genius.). Notice that Lily is missing one of her socks. She loves to take that one off and any shoe that gets in her way. She always starts with the same foot.

Last night, we finally got around to decorating the tree. It went pretty well and Lily only played a bit on the bottom branches.
"Here Dad, let me help you with that"
It looks like the bow on the tree is on her head, doesn't it?
She liked shaking the jingle bells...

Here's Lily and me under the finished product. It's still a little sparse on ornaments, but I'm sure we'll get more every year :)
Lily snuggled with Jen on the way out, which was awesome because of Lily's recent neediness, she hasn't really wanted anyone to hold her except Mommy. Thanks Jen, my arms desperately needed a break!

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos
I'd also like to congratulate my friends, The Pittmans, on the birth of their gorgeous son Bennett Elijah!
And my friend Marissa is currently in the hospital for Pre-eclampsia at 35.5 weeks preggo and they told her she's not going home without a baby (could be days or weeks), so if you're the praying sort, please send some her way for a healthy delivery!


5 Comments:
At Thu Dec 14, 12:25:00 PM 2006,
Leslie said…
Does Marissa have a blog? ;)
I loved it when Lily and Sam saw each other yesterday. I miss watching them play together!
That video was adorable! I must have had mommy-brain because I am absolutely clueless as to when you shot the video. :)
Let's do this every week! We should start meeting every Wednesday.
Those Christmas trees pics are great. I love the one of the bow on her head! Your tree is gorgeous. And so is that pic of you and Lily in front of it! I'm going to tell Joe about Devin's light idea. I've no doubt we will be doing it next year.
At Thu Dec 14, 12:55:00 PM 2006,
Andrew, Zachary and Will's Mommy said…
Nice job Devin with the lights! Absolutely precious video and pics of Lily and Sam. One day those two will look back at those and giggle. Um, how about planning a trip to central NC and visiting some of us? Do I need to dangle Bennett on a rope in front of you guys? EH???
At Thu Dec 14, 03:45:00 PM 2006,
Lauren said…
Lily has grown so much! The tree is beautiful. And so glad that Lily and Sam had such a good time at breakfast!
At Fri Dec 15, 09:27:00 AM 2006,
MommyofTwo said…
I hope Lily is feeling better soon! THe teething monster has taken up residence here too, so I feel your pain. Your Tree is beautiful!!!!
At Fri Dec 15, 04:39:00 PM 2006,
Anonymous said…
I recognized that cute winterjacket! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home