Friday, December 22, 2006

Pre-Holiday Updates

With the holidays around the corner, things have definately been hectic, so I apologize for not posting recently. Here is an update of what's been going on with us:

First thing's first -- Lily can do some amazing stuff! Oh, she melts my heart with her little words.

  • She throws (or drops) something and then says "Uh-Oh"
  • She also waves when she says "Hi" and "Bye" and can do so without being prompted.
  • She also is learning to identify "Baby" and says the word. I asked her the baby was last night when she was playing on the bathroom floor with a package of toilet tissue. She flipped the package over and pointed directly to the baby's face. I was impressed.
  • She loves to point at things and make the "huh?" sound, like she's asking what it is. I find myself repeating things over and over again because she makes the "huh?" noise like she doesn't hear me. I know she hears me, but my instinct is to repeat. Funny, huh?
  • She calls her bottle a "Beetle" or "bee", which I love.
  • Her four top teeth are coming in, which looks horribly painful, so she's been more whiny and needy than usual, but still pleasant all in all.
  • She also grunts when she hears a dog barking or if I ask her what the doggie says.
  • Lily is still imitating EVERYTHING -- from coughing to words to any kind of sound. She likes the Christmas Tree and calls it a "tee" but has been awesome about not playing with it too much.
  • We like to sing and dance, Lily gets really into the dancing, I will try to get it on tape sometime soon.
So, what have we been up to?

Last Sunday, we attended a birthday party for Darius, my friend Heather's son, who turned seven. I remember seeing Darius's first ultrasound when Heather was pregnant with him -- gosh, that seems like forever ago!

Lily got to try some cake and ice cream. Here's the funny part about that: Most of you that know me, know that I'm pretty picky about what she eats. Devin likes to give her sweets when I'm not looking and I get SO mad about it. Well, after our adventure at the party, Lily made a nasty stinky diaper. I made Devin change it and he had to run out of the room before he vomited. He actually broke the toilet lid in his vigor to reach the toilet in time. He asked (after he'd somewhat recovered) if her poop always smelled like that. I told him that it only does when someone feeds her refined sugar that her body is not ready for. Like the whipped cream he likes to give her. Now that he's dealt with the consequences, he promised to think twice before giving her crap-food again :)

She really did like the ice cream, I think the cold felt good on her hurting teeth:

On Tuesday, Lily and I hit Northlake mall with Amy and Brendon for holiday shopping. Ah, the stress of it all! A special thanks to Amy, who saved my sanity this week by helping me shop, holding my screaming baby, and wiping lots of snot!



I love this picture of Lily sleeping in her high chair. I had to make all sorts of noises for her to wake up and eat her dinner. Poor thing was exhausted!



She woke up shortly thereafter in a great mood and giggled like a mad woman! Her nose has been so snarfy for the past week or so (my least favorite thing to clean). Can you see her top 4 teeth starting to emerge? Ouch!



On Wednesday morning, we headed out to lunch with Amy & Brendon, Sam & Leslie, and Mary Hamilton. It was very nice and Lily really enjoys scraping all the food off her table onto her waiting lap...at which point Leslie has to take Lily out of her seat and shake out her high chair cover so I don't vomit up my breakfast. Something about smooshy food does not sit right with me at all. Thanks, Leslie!



Lily is still only taking a few steps before gracefully squatting and giving up. She did manage to climb up and then back down an entire flight of stairs at Mary's house yesterday. Check out Sam and Lily, playing with their new favorite toy -- the stairs!



Mary had a sling-party at her house and Lily and I picked up our friend, Beth, and brought her with us (if you click on her name, you get to see her AWESOME nursery pics!). I only managed to get a few pics of the kids (and none of the adults or Westbrook) before the chaos started. You would not believe how many women showed up for this party! And they all brought their kids...some of them better behaved than others. All in all, it was a blast and THE CUTEST THING EVER happened. Lily kissed Westbrook! She went "Mmmmuaaah!" (which is her kissing noise) and layed one right on his sweet little cheek! Aww!

Here's my little romantic in action. Doesn't she look like a Ninja in stealthmode? Thanks for the pics, Leslie (and also for carrying her around AND wiping her icky nose~!) You can see Leslie's blog for more pics of the two crazy kids in action!


So, our holiday shopping is finally done and Lily plans on spending the night with my Mom, so I can get a nap before Christmas :)

4 Comments:

  • At Fri Dec 22, 12:39:00 PM 2006, Blogger Leslie said…

    I miss her. :( You can tell Sam does, too. He loves playing with her and talking to her.

     
  • At Fri Dec 22, 12:42:00 PM 2006, Blogger Leslie said…

    Ha ha! And reading about Devin's tendency to feed her sweets made me think of that time at the beach, when I (jokingly) said, "I gave Lily some Mountain Dew!" I will never forget your response: "YOU GAVE MOUNTAIN DEW TO MY BABY?" I seriously was worried about my physical well-being in that moment. :)

    Why is it our men have such trouble with poop? Joe used to gag at Sam's really smelly ones.

     
  • At Wed Dec 27, 08:28:00 AM 2006, Blogger Amy said…

    We had an absolutely wonderful week with you guys. I wish that we could hang out like this all of the time.
    You know that I will always keep Lily. I love her:)

     
  • At Thu Jan 18, 10:48:00 AM 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh sure, now you let her have whipped cream!! I got yelled at when I tried that :) Ok, so she was only like a month old...whatever! OH MY GOD!! She is so beautiful!! I've been out of touch lately and didn't even realize you were still doing this blog, it is wonderful! I don't know where you find the time. Give Lily a big kiss and hug from her Auntie Tina and cousin Christopher!! Love you all!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home