Busy Busy Busy!
Friday and Saturday were crazy days around here and we loved the chaos! Friday started with a visit from Mary and Westbrook to pick up some babylegs (they are so addictive, Lily now owns 4 pairs!). This is my all-time favorite picture of Lily and Westbrook. I was taking tons of shots of the two of them playing together and both looked completely and utterly confused. If they ever marry, I will frame this really large and display it during the reception.
Lily and WB hugged and smooched a few times, but this was the best shot I could get. There was a blur on my camera (now cleaned off), so lots of my latest pictures are blurry. My bad.
I just love this shot of WB...he's so cute!
Lily loved sitting in Mary's lap and she really enjoyed showing WB all her Christmas toys.
My high school BFF Katie came to town from Florida and we got to hang out! Lily *loved* Katie (could it be a blonde thing?). Katie and Amy and I all went shopping at Home-Economist and Bi#Lo to find health food for Lily, since she is pretty much over baby food. Katie is a registered dietician and Amy is working toward her biology and chemistry degrees. It worked out well because my business degree only taught me that people will market anything and tell you its healthy.After Amy and Katie had left, Lily cuddled her teddy bear on her favorite rocking chair (after jumping up and down on it for several minutes and scaring me half to death!) and showed off her new pair of babylegs. They really are adorable!

On Saturday, we attended Beth's baby shower. Baby girl Leah Catherine is due on Feb 21st, but has tentatively been scheduled to be induced on....February 14th -- Valentine's Day AND Lily's 1st Birthday! It would be a wonderful birthday present for Lily to meet her soon-to-be Best Friend on her birthday, dontcha think? Let's all keep our fingers crossed!
Lily tested out Beth's Bumbo seat for her. How thoughtful :)
Okay, apparently blogger won't let me post any more pictures on this same post, so you will all have to be satisfied with the few that fit today.
Also, a big CONGRATULATIONS go out to my cousin Kristina and her husband Cory, who welcomed their baby Melina Christine into the world on January 12th. The baby weighed in around 7 lbs 10 ounces (I had to do some math conversion bc they weighed her in at 3220 grams) and measured in at 51 cm long (20.1 inches). Sorry, all that metric stuff confuses me :) I hope to have some pictures to post of the newest member to the family soon. It's hard having family in Germany and not being able to be there for the big events. I hope we get to meet baby Melina soon!
Also, I'm thinking of having Lily's First Birthday Party at my Mom's house on February 17th (Saturday). I'd really like lots of people to come, but I'd also like to keep the party relatively small because I'm sure it can get very overwhelming for a baby. I'm thinking noon to one, how does that work for everyone? We'd love to celebrate with all of you (unless, of course, I don't know you in which case, I take it back).
Labels: Playdates


7 Comments:
At Sun Jan 14, 10:01:00 AM 2007,
Amy said…
I had such a great time with you and Lily this weekend. It was also really great to be able to see Katie after all of these years.
After playing with Lily throughout the baby shower, I think I have decided to kidnap her. At least overnight one night.
BTW, that last pic with her is the chair, is my favorite pic of her so far. She looks absolutely adorable.
At Sun Jan 14, 02:34:00 PM 2007,
Lauren said…
I love the picture of Lily in her chair - the princess on her throne! I can't believe she is almost 1!
At Sun Jan 14, 06:00:00 PM 2007,
Anonymous said…
I think it is a bit far for us... but we will celebrate here for Lily.
At Sun Jan 14, 08:49:00 PM 2007,
Leslie said…
I am also in love with the picture of Lily on her chair. I just kept looking at it over and over, thinking to myself how absolutely gorgeous she looks.
At Mon Jan 15, 01:30:00 PM 2007,
Andrew, Zachary and Will's Mommy said…
Love the picture of Lily holding onto WB's shirt. She's saying, "What do you mean you aren't going to kiss me? Get over here NOW!"
At Mon Jan 15, 10:06:00 PM 2007,
MommyofTwo said…
I love the pic of Lily in her chair! Absolutely beautiful!!! We definitely need to get together this week or next.
At Thu Jan 18, 08:31:00 AM 2007,
Leslie said…
If you can, will you get a video of Lily doing the mambo? (Or the cha-cha-cha, or the tango, or whatever it is called)? I think the rest of the world needs to see that cuteness.
Post a Comment
<< Home