Friday, January 12, 2007

Lily's Big Day Out

Lily and I went to Discovery Place with Casey and Sophie yesterday and had a blast! We actually ended up getting in for free because they Debit card machine was down. It worked out really well! Here is Casey and Sophie enjoying the fish tank:


Although the girls are still a little young to understand all the exhibits, they had fun looking at everything and of course, the mommies had fun too. Look, I'm on TV!


Lily learned where the Earth's core is. Isn't she a genius?


The girls hung out in the baby area for a bit. They are so cute together!


We also hung out in the rainforest a bit...

We even checked out the big eyeball (aah, fond childhood memories!)


Sophie had fun with the toy rat her mommy bought her :)
After Discovery Place, we headed to Leslie and Sam's to visit. Lily loved Sam's train table, I guess the cars were yummy. She must miss Sam and Leslie terribly because as soon as she realized where she was, her entire face lit up into an enormous smile!

I hate this pic of me, but I think Lily's face looks so funny. Doesn't she look like a little imp?


Lily "helped" Leslie sort through Sam's baby clothes... (yes, she put the outfit on her own head!)


Anyway, we had a terrific day yesterday and Lily enjoyed getting out of the house. I swear I think she's so bored of only seeing me!

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At Fri Jan 12, 02:51:00 PM 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ah, yes, the giant eyeball. I learned about the male and female reproductive organs in there.

     
  • At Fri Jan 12, 08:11:00 PM 2007, Blogger Rachel said…

    I really miss the Discovery Place. I spent so many childhood hours roaming around there--especially since my mom did her internship there while she was finishing her teaching degree. She used to do the show in the rainforest or whatever that part is. I have to take my boys there! Of course I think Bennett is way to young to even enjoy riding through the eyeball.

     
  • At Sat Jan 13, 09:39:00 AM 2007, Blogger Amy said…

    Discovery Place is such a great place for kids. Brendon is now at the age that he actually understands what the exhibits mean.

    Love the pic with laundry on Lily's head.

     
  • At Wed Jan 17, 11:18:00 AM 2007, Blogger Sophiesmom said…

    I'm so glad you posted these. We had such a good time. Thanks for the pictures. Hey, I finally posted to sophiebeans, so check it out :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home