Sunday, February 18, 2007

Lily's Party!

I am seriously overwhelmed with gratitude right now! Thanks to all the friends and family who showed up or sent their best wishes, Lily had an AMAZING first birthday party! I still can't believe we packed 35 people into my Mom's living and dining rooms. Lucky that a good number of those people were under 3 feet tall -- we had 10 kids there, the youngest being 2 month old Kayden and the oldest being 6 year old Elizabeth. I was absolutely floored by how well-behaved all of the kids were! Out of 10 kids, you'd expect some kind of disaster, but there was absolutely nothing. It was perfect. I couldn't have asked for a better birthday party for my sweet girl!

I'm sure you all know that you may just be barraged with a lot of party pics, as I get them sent to me from everyone who took pictures over the next few weeks. So prepare yourself for my next 10 posts to be more pictures of Lily's birthday :)


Most of the ones on this post are the ones I took:

The cake was a big hit!



Lily was wondering why all of these people are at her Grandma's house...


Then, she figured it out...they're here for her! Lily was a gracious host, she waved to everyone she saw and said "hi!"


Some of the guests in action



Beth and her hubby enjoyed the cake too (which, if you read her blog, is a miracle unto itself!)


Lily had some help enjoying her gifts!


Amy and Andrew drove all the way from Apex (Durham) to come to Lily's party! We were so happy to see them and Andrew let me plant lots of sugar on him!

This hat was a gift from Caiti, Jen, and Leah and matches an outfit they gave her. I love stuff with ears for babies. Deeply. This is my favorite picture of Lily from her party :)


What do I do with this cake?


OH...I get it!


Daddy, did you want to try some?


Sugar high!

We had a big weekend and were so happy to hang out with so many people that we love. Thanks again to all who came and lots of hugs to those who couldn't make it, you were missed! Also, if anyone wants any leftovers, please feel free to stop by...it looks like we'll be eating veggie tray food and cupcakes for the next month!

Labels:

11 Comments:

  • At Sun Feb 18, 10:11:00 PM 2007, Blogger Andrew, Zachary and Will's Mommy said…

    Lily and Lora -
    I'm so glad we could make it for your b-day party! We had a great time. Don't be strangers and come see us soon.

    PS. You must wear the tre cute hat you got. Love it!

    Love,
    Amy and Andrew

     
  • At Sun Feb 18, 10:27:00 PM 2007, Blogger Rachel said…

    Looks like the party was so great. We hate that we missed it. We miss all the good stuff. Great pictures and great looking cake. :)

     
  • At Mon Feb 19, 07:41:00 AM 2007, Blogger Leslie said…

    ad such a good time! I was also impressed with the babies - not one altercation! Can you believe that? We've got great kids.

    Lily looks so beautiful in her party dress, and she really was a terrific host. I love how she kept waving to everyone!

     
  • At Mon Feb 19, 09:05:00 AM 2007, Blogger CAGB said…

    It looks like a wonderful time! A perfect birthday party - and the cake looks awesome. :o)

     
  • At Mon Feb 19, 12:16:00 PM 2007, Blogger Leslie said…

    Why is my comment all goofy? It should be "we had," not "ad."

     
  • At Mon Feb 19, 08:35:00 PM 2007, Blogger Lauren said…

    I was so impressed with Lily at her party - she knew just what to do with the cake, and she seemed to love having a crowd!

    We are so glad we got to be there!

     
  • At Tue Feb 20, 06:09:00 AM 2007, Blogger Amy said…

    It looks like you guys had a wonderful time. The cake looks amazing. Lily looks so adorable in her dress. Glad that things turned out perfectly;)

     
  • At Tue Feb 20, 04:35:00 PM 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    great times. cake, gooood. food, goooood, Lily, ccccccuuuuuuuuuute!
    you should of cropped me outta that one picture though.

     
  • At Tue Feb 20, 07:45:00 PM 2007, Blogger Lew said…

    So sad we missed it!! Looks like it was a blast. If I plan a trip to Charlotte to see you, can we get everyone together again? I wanna go to that cool place that y'all have posted about...Charlotte at play? or something like that. Looks so fun. Anyway, I'm glad Lily's first birthday was so memorable. Maybe we'll make it to #2. Love, Leslie

     
  • At Wed Feb 21, 11:08:00 AM 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Looks like you had a fabulous time! We are counting down Piper's first birthday now too!

     
  • At Fri Feb 23, 08:05:00 AM 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    still awaiting news on The LC. Any word from Beth? I hope all is well and she is enjoying her new baby.

    Send me a text when you have news.
    Mary

     

Post a Comment

<< Home