Thursday, February 15, 2007

Birthdays and Boating

For Lily's 1st Birthday, we decided to take a family trip on the boat. In attendence were Devin and I, Lily, My Mom, and Devin's Dad. Needless to say, it was a tad on the chilly side, but we had a lot of fun. Lily wasn't too sure about the whole thing. She couldn't figure out why she had to miss naptime and be bundled up and held hostage in a big life jacket.




She wanted to drive, but she can't reach the steering wheel...


She doesn't look over-enthused, does she?



Afterwards, we ate at Tbone's and the reason that Devin and Lily are standing up is because Lily decided she wanted to explore the restaurant instead of sit in her chair. Devin got quite a workout chasing her around :)



Today Lily had her big One Year Doctor Appointment. I was definately dreading it. Lily did really well, though, for a child who had to have 3 shots and a blood draw. She was supposed to have 2 more shots, but I decided to delay those a few more months because she's already sick and I don't want to overload her poor little immune system. I don't know if that's reasonable rationale or not, but I'm gonna stick with it.


She measured at 19 lbs 12 oz and 30 inches tall. They didn't give me any percentiles on that, but I'm gonna assume that she's tall and skinny. Her iron was 11.1 and the normal range starts at 11.2, so it's a little low, but I'm going to attribute that to her eating nothing but cheese this week (she's been on food strike). She's meeting all her milestones, of course, and the doctor seemed pretty impressed with her vocabulary, so that's good! All in all, it went well and she's up and around and seems to be just fine after all those mean shots :)

The awesome architect I am, I put Lily's new tent together myself! She loves it!

Thanks, everyone, for the wonderful birthday wishes! We had a terrific Valentine's Day and are looking forward to the big party on Saturday. Since I think its gonna get kind of crowded, you are all welcome to park at the Bilo down the road and then we will send the Mom-shuttle to come and get you. If not, park on the sidestreet if you can't find room in front of the house. Also, we have a neighbor who seems to adore trashing his own yard, so if you want to block his driveway, feel free. Okay, I'm kidding on that one! Can't wait to see you and all and lots of love to those of you who are unable to make it. You know I will be posting pics like a madwoman for you to enjoy!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At Thu Feb 15, 08:24:00 PM 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I see that the threats of posting the pictures of Lily and I looking a phool in the doctor's office didn't happen. =P
    Woo, can't wait for cake!

     
  • At Thu Feb 15, 10:24:00 PM 2007, Blogger Leslie said…

    Okay, call me crazy, but I absolutely love that shot of Lily in a diaper at the doctor's office. So beautiful!

    I just checked Sam's weight and height when he was one year old to give you an idea on the percentiles. He was 31 inches (90 percentile) and 24 pounds (50-75 percentile). So yes, your girl is definitely tall and skinny!

    Love the boat shots! Don't worry Lily - I'm not too sure about those things either!

     
  • At Sat Feb 17, 12:23:00 PM 2007, Blogger CAGB said…

    Have a happy birthday party today! :O)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home