Happy Birthday!
Dear Lily on your First Birthday,
Thank you so much, sweet baby, for choosing me to be the mommy you were born to. I can't tell you how much having you has changed my life. The joy of being a parent is simply mind-blowing. Today, you woke up and came into the bed with your Dad and me and we opened some of your presents. Did you know you were the most fascinated with the wierdest one? It's a little monster that lights up, dances, and sings a crazy song. That's my girl!
Your vocabulary at this age astounds me. I had no idea that someone so small could understand so much and communicate so well! You really love animals and love to name them. You have become particularly fascinated with your rubber bath duckies and spend copious amounts of time carrying them around saying "duckie?" and "ka-ka" (for quack, quack). I'm glad to see that you are also a big reader. You sit on the floor for ages, leafing through the pages of whatever book you can find, pointing at the letters, and saying "Oh!" when you see something you like. Lately, if you want to be read to, you will toss a book into my lap and say "Dad-Nu" (your way of saying Thank You). I can hardly turn down your request to read it to you when you are so darn polite!
You are by far my favorite person in the universe and I feel endlessly blessed to have you. Happy Birthday, sweet Lily Pie!
Love,
Mommy
Thank you so much, sweet baby, for choosing me to be the mommy you were born to. I can't tell you how much having you has changed my life. The joy of being a parent is simply mind-blowing. Today, you woke up and came into the bed with your Dad and me and we opened some of your presents. Did you know you were the most fascinated with the wierdest one? It's a little monster that lights up, dances, and sings a crazy song. That's my girl!
Your vocabulary at this age astounds me. I had no idea that someone so small could understand so much and communicate so well! You really love animals and love to name them. You have become particularly fascinated with your rubber bath duckies and spend copious amounts of time carrying them around saying "duckie?" and "ka-ka" (for quack, quack). I'm glad to see that you are also a big reader. You sit on the floor for ages, leafing through the pages of whatever book you can find, pointing at the letters, and saying "Oh!" when you see something you like. Lately, if you want to be read to, you will toss a book into my lap and say "Dad-Nu" (your way of saying Thank You). I can hardly turn down your request to read it to you when you are so darn polite!
You are by far my favorite person in the universe and I feel endlessly blessed to have you. Happy Birthday, sweet Lily Pie!
Love,
Mommy
7 Comments:
At Wed Feb 14, 03:24:00 PM 2007,
MommyofTwo said…
Happy First Birthday Lily!!!!!
At Wed Feb 14, 05:02:00 PM 2007,
Sophiesmom said…
Happy Birthday, dear girl!!!!!
At Wed Feb 14, 06:16:00 PM 2007,
Anonymous said…
Happy Birthday Lily, glad you're here!
At Wed Feb 14, 06:26:00 PM 2007,
Anonymous said…
Happy 1st Birthday Sweetheart!
I'll never forget the day you came into this world. Your mommy was so sweet to let me be there to experience the marvelous event. You were so perfect and loved to pieces. Your birthday present is on it's way. I miss you and hope to see you soon.
Love You Much,
Grandma Debbie
At Wed Feb 14, 08:17:00 PM 2007,
Lauren said…
Happy Birthday, Lily! You have the greatest Mommy!
Jack can't wait to attend your party!!!
At Wed Feb 14, 08:40:00 PM 2007,
Leslie said…
Happy first birthday, sweetie!
At Thu Feb 15, 11:12:00 AM 2007,
Rachel said…
Happy Birthday Lily! You are such a bright and wonderful little girl. We hate that we will miss your party, but we know we will see you soon!
Post a Comment
<< Home