Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Notes from Our Lives




1. What goes in, must come out...

My child has started to eat the most random things lately. The other day, she came to me, all sweet and doe-eyed and asked "Mama, can I fwoss?" Can't argue witha request for good hygiene! I handed her the dental floss and watched out of the corner of me eye as she dragged it through her mouth like she so often does. My eyes must've gone another direction for a mere second, because the floss had soon disappeared. When I asked Lily if she ate it, she answered, "It taste-tes good, mommy!"
The next day I picked her up from school and she had clay-like splotches on her shirt. "Play-doh!" she told me proudly, "I ate it! Yum-MEEE!"

I told her "Lily, you can NOT eat playdoh or dental floss" and her response: "Oh man!"

Not a day later, she picked up a random piece of fruit off the floor of the farmer's market and was chowing down on it before I could stop her. I'm hoping it was healthier than the dental floss.


2. Who's Your Daddy?

Mommy: "Lily, do you know who we are going to see for dinner?"

Lily: "Grandaddy and Regular Daddy!"


3. Who's Your Baby?

Mommy: "Lily, what's in mommy's tummy?"
Lily: "A baby!"
Lily pokes my belly button
Lily: "Is that the door mommy?"
Mommy: "No, that's just Mommy's belly button. Lily, do you think the baby is a boy or girl?"
Lily: "Boy!"
Mommy: "Oh yeah? What's his name?"
Lily: "Fress!"
Mommy: "Huh?!"


4. Singing

Miss Diva has a variety in her repetoire now including: Row Row Row your boat, Old MacDonald Had a Farm, The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow (from Annie), and a billion more I can't think of. I *love* hearing her sing! She has pretty good pitch too!


5. Events you should know about:


My *baby* Brother Derek graduated from South Meck! CONGRATS BOOBOO!




My first ultrasound is next Tuesday, so hopefully we'll have an accurate due date (I'm guessing Feb 10th) and we'll know if all is well in there.

I am pukey now 24/7. I had forgotten about this part. Please keep your eyes peeled for Brach's cinnamon candies and tell me what store you see them in. These helped with my last bout of morning sickness with Lily, so I'm hoping they will be my magic cure again.

I saw one of my favorite bands in concert last night: THE CURE!!!! It was the first stadium concert I've been to since New Kids on The Block in the early 90s and it was PHENOMENAL. The quality of the sound, the band members, the view...it was incredible! We bought the tickets quite a while ago, so it was nice to know that it was worth waiting for!



I am almost done knitting my first pair of shorties! My Mom did help a bit with these, of course, but I have done most of the work myself! I'm so proud!


Lily had her first sort-of Dentist appointment last week. I have been so worried because she has been SO whiney and achy and constantly in pain over a variety of things, that I was thinking that maybe she had a real problem. The dentist, who is also my friend Molly's Dad, gently coaxed Lily's mouth open, felt around, and declared it was those darn 2 year molars causing all the rucus. The funny part is that we told Lily the dentist was gonna clean her teeth (he ended up not doing that), but as soon as he took his finger out, she smiled wide and said "I all clean!"

2 Comments:

  • At Tue Jun 17, 08:03:00 PM 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Alright, I clearly pointed out that New Kids on The Block was NOT your last stadium concert. But I will not rat you out here and let your friends know that there were even MORE embarrassing concerts, even though I could make a list. =)

     
  • At Thu Jun 19, 09:14:00 AM 2008, Blogger Just the Sous Chef said…

    That Lily is so adorable!!! She sounds like she is on her way to a singing career. :) Sorry to hear you are already feeling pukey. Keep us posted on the u/s! xxoo

    I all clean, LOL!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home