Sorry for the lack of posts (I feel like I say that every time!), but i just rarely feel like I have the time to blog anymore. I have several things to update on, but the writing muse has apparently gone on strike, so you will just have to bear with me.
1 - My baby has successfully started her journey to potty training! She can pee in the potty and has pooped in the potty twice now. The first time she did it was at my mom's house when I was there. We put the potty down in the living room and she sat on it and did her work while Mom and I knitted and chatted. It must've seemed a bizarre scene, but it was perfect. When she finished, she was so proud. She pinched her nose, peered in and said "that stinks!". Then she picked up her baby doll "Freddy" (Lily has named all of her baby dolls Freddy, we are up to 5 Freddies now) and said "Look Fweddy, I pooped in the potty!". Freddy looked impressed. We marveled and took pictures, of course. I never knew I was gonna be one of those moms who took pics of my baby's first crap, but I was elated!
And now for the most embarassing picture of my child that I may ever post (Lily, please forgive me) here I am, calling her Daddy (I sent him a text photo as well), Lily and baby Freddy checking out the goods:
I hope none of you were eating for that one....
Now, at school, they are regularly sitting her on the potty and I believe she has gone a few times there. It's actually a shame, because I'm having so much fun with the cloth diapers, but hey, I guess she's gotta grow up sometime.
2 - My knitting is still coming along fantastically! I have learned the German method of knitting and can now purl as well. My mom is amazingly fast and has knitted up TONS of adorable things for my Lily-Pie. We are hoping to sell a few pieces as well. Wool is expensive and Mom is so good, I think other babies deserve to rock her talents. These are my favorite pieces that mom has done so far:

3. Boating! Now that summer is in full swing again (for those of you not in NC, please note that yesterday's temp was 97), we are having fun out on our boat again. This year, since Lily is a bit bigger, she can enjoy it a tad more. Devin decided that it was time for her to go out on the tube. The funny part is that Lily thought she was "Skiing on the float" because she thinks that whenever you are dragged behind the boat, you must be skiing. Devin had really pumped her up for the adventure, and she did not hesitate for second. She actually hurried me to change her into her bathing suit and hand her overboard to her waiting father on the float. I found it incredibly hard to drive the boat and take pictures at the same time, so I didn't get many.


Tired after all the adventure....

4 - For those of you who know me well, I celebrated my 3 year anniversary on June 1st. I am filled with gratitude and humility and love. I will say that I have learned the most about myself this past year. For the first time in my life, I feel like it is okay not to be perfect but I also realize that I am not a fundamentally broken person -- that through God and some continued work, I can improve on myself at a deeper level. I used to confuse humility and insecurity, but today I am working on separating those two things. Today, it is okay to be the person that God wants me to be, the person I was designed to be. I look around at all the faces that have loved me unconditionally and am overwhelmed by their compassion and kindness. How lucky I am to have such wonderful people in my life today. Even luckier that they love me for just who I am right now, not who I was or who I will be someday. Thank you, you know who you are!
5 Comments:
At Mon Jun 09, 01:34:00 PM 2008,
Leslie said…
That's awesome about the potty! Lily is becoming such a big girl. (Love the picture of the goods in the toilet). :)
I am so impressed with your knitting skills! What cute outfits!
We need to go boating together sometime! Lily looks right at home on that raft.
At Mon Jun 09, 08:07:00 PM 2008,
Leslie said…
(By the way - and I can't believe I forgot this) I am thrilled about your 3-year anniversary. That is such an amazing testament to your strength and determination. I admire you!
At Mon Jun 09, 09:03:00 PM 2008,
Rachel said…
First off, the picture of poop is the best. I love it! And I'm very excited for Lily.
I'm also very excited for you. 3 years is amazing. Congrats to you! Lots of love. :)
At Tue Jun 10, 09:57:00 AM 2008,
Just the Sous Chef said…
congrats on 3!
So many cute pics! Also, LOVE all the knitting projects, REALLY cute!
LOL!! I would take a pic too, if it ever happens over here it would be BIG NEWS! LOL! xxoo
At Wed Jun 11, 04:04:00 PM 2008,
Lauren said…
Congrats on potty, knitting, and your 3 years! Way to go! We missed you on Sunday, hope to see you before we leave!
You take the best pictures!
Post a Comment
<< Home