Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!


We had a lot of fun, trick or treating! Lily is already very excited about next year, she is eager to go again. Her favorite part was a witch handing out candy. She keeps talking about how she was scared, but the witch still gave her candy. Good to know my daughter will overcome fear for a little sugar rush.

Lily had a really big day, so I was really surprised to see how well she held up. Her school had a Halloween party earlier that day, complete with pony rides and mountains of sugar and unhealthy stuff, so I was expecting an early burnout. I should've known better! Nothing slows down a two year old in the pursuit of candy!

Here's a picture of some of our crew -- baby Nate held by his Daddy Eric and Mom Sarah and Lily's friend Aidan and Devin. Little Nate was a skunk, Aidan was a pirate, and Lily was a purple butterfly!

More crew members included my Mom (rockin' the family pumpkin costume!) and my sister (who looked adorable and I have not one clear photo of -- will snag some from mom's camera later)

and if you peer closely in the backround, Mildred the dog, dressed as a lobster for Halloween


Sarah and Eric were smart to bring a wagon for the kids to ride in. Lily loved snagging candy and then running back to the safety of the wagon. When it was my turn to pull, she let me know not to hit a bush that she saw up ahead. She also went on to tell Aidan about all the nice houses ("This one is very big and has a big roof and stairs and 2 pumpkins..") and I interrupted her and she quickly pointed out "Mom, I'm talking to AIDAN!" Aah, can't wait for those teenage years!




So, good times! I'd like to thank the lovely community of Dilworth of letting us crash your neighborhood every year, we're loving the blocked off streets, nice houses and awesome candy stash!

Happy Halloween, everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home