Halfway There!

I know this looks like just a bunch of stuff shoved in a closet and it totally is -- but guess what? This is ALL baby boy stuff!!! I have had lots of luck getting handmedowns from some generous people and hitting up the consignment sales big time and I feel like I've got enough for the first year! The top shelf is 0-6 months, second shelf is 6-12 months, bottom shelf (i doubt you can see it) is 12+ months and a box of bibs, shoes, socks, hats, etc. In the corner is a playmat, a yellow bumbo, a Pottery Barn Bedding Set ($15!!!) and bags of boyish blankets. In front of the closet is a bouncy seat and a play area for baby. Its nuts!!!
The Little Prince picture at the top is the cover of one of my favorite books. Its not extrememly popular here, but I'm hoping either that my friend in France or my cousins in Germany can find stuff, as I'd like this to be baby's room theme. Our bedding is Moon and Stars and it fits in really nicely, I think. Or maybe I can order a custom wall decal?
Anyway, all is good and normal here, as usual. Sorry for the lack of picture. I don't take as many now except on weekends, when we all look like crap :)
Lily is still doing awesome on the potty -- she runs around pantless almost all weekend. At school, she is in panties all day and then pullups at night for bedtime. She is also talking back and whining a lot more later. Not sure what that's all about, but I have a feeling its just one more piece of being a delightful two year old. It really does even out with how cute she is. She is also in love with my belly. She was "talking" to it the other day and then she stuck her nose right in my belly button and said "I smelled him, mom!". It was too funny! She talks about the baby's arrival a lot - "Da Doctor is gonna open you up and get da baby for my Birthday? And then we can have cake?" Lily is thrilled that her brother is coming around her birthday, but she can't help herself for being excited about the promise of the cake that comes with birthdays.
We still have no clue on Baby's name -- We are thinking Colin for a first name and that's as far as we've gotten. I'm open to suggestions!!!
My next appointment is Tuesday afternooon, they will recheck the kidneys (no fluid last time, they think he just peed, but please keep your fingers crossed that its that simple) and hopefully, the sex of the baby as well. It'd better be a boy or she will be wearing tons of blue for the first year :)

2 Comments:
At Sat Sep 27, 01:30:00 PM 2008,
CAGB said…
I love The Little Prince! Believe it or not (I can hardly believe it, as I repressed this memory until right now), that I "played" The Little Prince in a high school adaptation of the book. As you can imagine, it wasn't very popular, as it was me in my equestrian boots, playing a charming young boy, talking to flowers, myself, etc. But, that's quite a tangent. I'll keep my eyes peeled for moons and stars. (Do you have IKEA there? They have great and cheap moon and star wall lights.)
Colin is really nice. Lily and Colin. That's lovely.
At Wed Oct 01, 07:19:00 AM 2008,
CAGB said…
Still a boy? I hope his kidneys look super healthy!
Post a Comment
<< Home