Sunday, September 07, 2008

Planning


Okay, switching gears from Girl to Boy has taken some serious planning. Luckily, that is my forte. I am lucky enough to know a ton of people, so I already have an exersaucer, bouncer, and jumperoo lined up to borrow, a kick-butt brown Graco infant carseat that was unexpectedly thrust in my lap that happens to be in PERFECT condition, a handmedown stroller (I plan to use as a backup for my dream Maclaren that I'm going to buy myself someday) that came from my coworker, and some donated and cheaply bought boy clothes thanks to a couple of charlotte mommies and a consignment sale. All in all, I'd say I'm doing good! I have pulled out all my pink cloth diapers and have them listed for sale or trade, so I can build my boy/gender neutral stash. I need to pull down the pink carseat and stroller from the attic and offer them to a needy mama, but I think I will wait til my Sept 30th ultrasound for final confirmation. All in all, we're feeling pretty good! We have all of our needs met and a really short list of wants, so I'd say those are good odds :)

Oh -- and I've been feeling my little guy move a lot lately. He feels like popcorn deep down in my lower belly. I still haven't reconciled the fact that I'm pregnant, oddly enough, but now that I feel him, I'm started to get way more excited!

As for my sweet girl, I really thought she had reached the pinnacle of preschool talking, but she has seemingly taken it to the next level. I can't describe what's different, as she still speaks in sentences, but its like her understanding of the world just got broader. While I was writing this, she came and told she "pooted" (meaning pooped) and I checked and she had gone in her underwear. I took her to the potty and a piece of said poo dropped on the floor. I got a little overwhelmed and I was like "Lily! Be still!" and she sat down, looked at me very seriously and said "Mom, I'm fine. You don't have to yell." If that won't melt you, I don't know what will!

She is almost 100% potty trained too. Underwear all day, except for bedtime. Other than today's accident, we've had very few. She seems to really get the whole concept of the potty and its so much cheaper than buying pullups every week!

Yesterday, at Mom's house, she said "GG, who do that?" and picked up a piece of chewed up letter magnet, now unidentifiable. My mom said "Take a guess" and Lily answered "I guess Mildred (the dog) do that." I didn't know she knew anything at all about guessing!

I love and value our conversations. Lily is one of the most interesting people I know. I love how she looks at the world and has a question about every single thing she sees. She has been really whiny lately for some unknown reason, but its so perfectly balanced with her little thoughts and actions. Her play is so darn intense and elaborate. All of her babies/Freddies are very accomodating, as they have been subjected to terrible rain storms ("Hurry! We better go hide!" as they get tossed in her Dora tent), tea parties, lots of time outs and naps (always face down laying on a washrag covered by a washrag (lily says "cots") and car rides on Lily's bed (all packed around her as she "dwives"). Right now, she is in there with a modern-day speak and spell, sitting next to her Aunt Deanna, both are working on their "computers."

I wish I could think of the other few thousand conversations we've had that have made me cry with laughter or drop my jaw with astonishment. We are on our way to the lake again this weekend and hope to have time to stop by the Greek Festival as well. Mama needs some Baklava :)

3 Comments:

  • At Sun Sep 07, 07:49:00 PM 2008, Blogger CAGB said…

    That is a beautiful Maclaren. In my opinion, there is no better brand of stroller. I wouldn't go any other way. (Not as snobby as it sounds - we just got a Maclaren double hand-me-down, so we didn't spend a cent on it. But, I would have if I had to.)

     
  • At Mon Sep 08, 05:42:00 AM 2008, Blogger Amy said…

    You have done way more planning than me. I just have a crib and a few hand me down items from a friend. I did find a consignment store that looks great on Monroe Rd. I am going today so I will let you know. They also have maternity clothes.

     
  • At Mon Sep 08, 07:52:00 AM 2008, Blogger Rachel said…

    You have done an impressive amount of planning in 5 days. See, all those worries for nothing. Of course I can't say much, I'm planning for a baby and I'm not even pregnant. Just wishful thinking.

    I love the MacLaren. Of course since I have two like that I'm pretty partial. I don't have the amazing brown though. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home