Sunday, August 31, 2008

Stumptown for Labor Day

So, the local town of Matthews has a yearly festival, known in a previous life as Stumptown, but now has a more uppity name, which I am boycotting. This is where we spent our Saturday and we had a blast! Lily was all about riding some rides! You will see in the coming pictures, she takes it very seriously. No smiles or carefree laughs, she remains austere and concentrated in her expressions. I have no idea why because the second the ride is over, she begs for more.

We started with the carousel



And then these flying cars...


A slow-moving train (whenever we called out to her, she'd look away -- I swear she is embarassed of us already!)

My worst decision yet -- the swings. The only shots I got were blurry bc my child was the tiniest one and therefore, flew the highest. I literally almost ran in there and had the man stop the ride. Lily had a blast and loved it to pieces (despite making a very serious face), but I swear my heart was in my stomach the whole time.




Then we hung out with this giant cow and had funnel cakes and strawberry ice cream
So, not much else to report for now. Big ultrasound is on Tuesday afternoon, so I'll have some news then. My first hope is for a healthy baby, obviously. The next piece, the sex, will be a surprise either way. A girl would be nice and easy, because we'd have most of what we need (correct seasonal clothes and all) and the pink carseat, stroller, and bouncer I own won't go to waste. A boy would be sweet too, because this will be my last child (as far as I know) and it would be nice to have one of each. I guess we'll find out soon enough :)

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home