Thursday, July 24, 2008

Nuchal Test Appointment


So, today, I got an ultrasound to check baby for soft markers for genetic disorders. They didn't do this when I was pregnant with Lily, but I guess its standard now. I am 11 weeks and 2/3 days (not sure if its 2 or 3, depends who you ask, lol), so of course I didn't expect to see much, but I was really happy with what we did see. The baby measured normal and the testing came back fine. I also asked the tech to peeksie between the legs for an early guess (genetalia is just now beginning to form) and she voted 'girl' but when the perinatologist came in, he voted 'boy.' So, really, we are back where we started.

Anyway, it went well and I'm happy to report all appears healthy and normal. Baby (whom Lily insists is a boy, she actually even argues with me about it), moved quit a bit and you could see all his/her little limbs and features. I got a few pics, but our scanner is broken, so I will have to wait until I can get it done at Mom's house. My next appointment isn't until late August and then I'll have my "big" ultrasound about 2 weeks after that (so roughly about 6 weeks from now). I can't wait to find out the sex of the baby! I need to know if I need to sell Lily's entire wardrobe and car seat, stroller, and bouncer and start all over again. Now, that is a scary thought!


4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home