Monday, July 14, 2008

Oh, Blogger, How I Have Missed Thee...


Sorry for the disruption, folks, it seems that when you cannot pay the cable bill, the cable gets cut off , along with your cable-based internet connection. We have now remedied the situation and I can finally once again access my*space and blogs at my leisure. Thank God, because my house was getting a little too clean since I had so much free time -- haha, I jest. I have been laying in bed, whining, at every free moment.

This pregnancy has been somewhat different from my last. I have a lot of dizzy sensations and heart palpatations. I feel the need to lay down a lot. And whine. Whining is always helpful. I suffered a bad bout of nausea, but this week it has mysteriously disappeared (why is it so worrisome when the worst symptom ever leaves?). I still get a tad too full or slightly nauseas (I can never spell that word), but its not like it was last week. I have another appointment for my nuchal scan test (ultrasound) on the 24th and I have to admit I am nervous. Lily has been very helpful and kind, for the most part. She insists that the baby is a boy, but can't seem to decide on a name -- so far she has suggested Carson and Max -- neither of which Devin has given approval on.

In other exciting news, I have reached out to some women in Charlotte and found a woman whom I think is willing to be a doula for me at low-cost or no charge. I have had a brief discussion with her and she seems very nice and has the most soothing voice, even in pleasant conversation. After the trauma of my last labor (panic attack + substantial tearing), I'd like to try something different and I think having a doula is the answer.


On a completely random note -- I have been reading these amazing books by Anne Lamott lately and have become totally inspired. She is an older, hippy lady, extremely liberal in her thinking and also a member of a fellowship of recovery (AA)...and she is also a woman of faith. Now, those of you who know me, know that religeon is something I know little about, nor do I seem to care on most days. But, Recovery is starting to further open a door that has been inching its way open for a long time. As raw emotionally as I am from the hormones (and let me tell you, there is a lot of crying coming from my house), it was helped me to start to feel things a tad deeper. Today, my faith is growing and I'm starting to really like it. I may not ever be a church-goer or speak in tounges, but today, I feel safe in what I have found. I love that I have found a writer who speaks in my terms, recovery and liberal hippy-dom. I had no idea you could combine those two things! If you are bored, check out her book "Travelling Mercies" -- it takes a minute to get her style, but I promise its a good read!

Here are pictures of Lily's Independence Day Parade at her school. The kids walked around the parking lot in their outfits to raise money for Cystic Fibrosis, a cause that is very close to my heart. Check out Lily's shirt -- she "made" it herself!


Sharing a popsicle treat with mommy afterwards :)

Lastly, here are a few pics from July 4th. My sister, Melissa, and Mom's new dog, Mildred, joined Lily and I to watch downtown fireworks. Mildred was a tad put off, but Lily really loved them.


Oh, I forgot -- I'd like to say RIP to my brother, Derek's, Accura Integra. It died a grueling death after an assault by carjackers who stripped it clean off the engine and every other concievable part and left it a hot mess by the side of the road in Denver, NC.


3 Comments:

  • At Wed Jul 16, 10:27:00 AM 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    there were MUCH cuter pictures of Lily and I playing dress up...jeez

     
  • At Wed Jul 16, 11:03:00 PM 2008, Blogger Krista said…

    Very cute Lily pictures! Glad the nausea is mostly gone, here's to a peaceful end to the pregnancy!

     
  • At Wed Jul 23, 06:16:00 PM 2008, Blogger Kathleen said…

    congrats from Rachel's friend who sometimes stalks cute baby blogs. I am reading plan B by Anne Lamont. It's interesting for me who is a conservative kind of hippie. if that makes sense. when i am done ...we will have to share thoughts.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home