Monday, August 04, 2008

13 Weeks and counting...

Not much has changed around here at Casa Lilypie. Mom is still rapidly gaining weight and a hormonal bizznatch and the Lilypie herself is still a goober 2 year old. I love my conversations with Lily, she has such an amazing sense of humor. I seem to like every age and stage with her more. She is doing really good on her potty training (mainly at school, where she earns a sucker for every successful potty-visit). We are getting closer and closer, but its taking a while. I'm actually fine with it. I never realized how challenging it was to wipe a dirty toddler butt standing up after a potty trip versus laying down after a diaper change. I supposed its all relative and I will get used to it soon enough.

I do love the self-sufficiency of this age. She can dress and undress herself, add and remove shoes (see above pic), brush her own teeth (electronic toothbrush), fetch things around the house (will come more in handy the fatter I get) and even bring me a box of wipes and a diaper for a change and then take the dirty one to the kitchen trash. Lily is such a good helper too, she is awesome at sorting clothes by room. She likes to fold (read: crinkle them into a smoosh ball) and is very on top of what goes where. Its really fun watching how she learns and understands the environment around her.

Some pictures of the last few weeks:

Lily and I went to Sam's 3rd birthday party a few weeks ago. It is so cool seeing him be 3 already!


Lily and BFF Leah Catherine roll round with sleeping bulldog Deacon at Beth's house last week.

And finally, a pic of my fat butt. My abs split open while preggo with Miss L, so this pregnancy has popped out frighteningly early. I guess this was around almost 12 weeks.


Gosh, I wish I had more to post, but I'm just fresh out of things. My car is chronically overheating, despite replacing the radiator, water pump and thermostat (wth?!), so I'm praying desperately for a inexpensive fix.

Oh and one final picture of Lily's impromtu tea party. Ignore the nakeyness, por favor. Lily gathered all of her "Freddies' to join in, although a few of them were sent to time-out following the tea party for not "wistening." Those darn Freddies, you can't take them anywhere.

A big congrats to the Perry Family on the birth of little Zach! He is tiny perfection!

3 Comments:

  • At Wed Aug 06, 10:14:00 PM 2008, Blogger Krista said…

    Potty training, dressing oneself and carrying away dirty diapers. Perhaps this growing up things isn't so bad after all. Way to go Lilly!

     
  • At Thu Aug 07, 10:41:00 PM 2008, Blogger Just the Sous Chef said…

    WTG on the PTing. Your belly looks great and welcome to trimester 2! LOVE the tea party ... and LOVE that they got a timeout. LOL!!! She is going to be a great big sister. xxoo

     
  • At Tue Aug 12, 08:40:00 PM 2008, Blogger Leslie said…

    Love the picture of Lily with Leah Catherine and the bulldog! And the tea party is hilarious! (She looks like she might have just seen a Freddy to time-out in that picture)!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home