14 Weeks
Excuse me for running out of post titles, but I'm just not feeling the creative vibe at the moment. The morning sickness is on its way out, but still spends a good bit of the day with me. My stomach continues to expand at a staggering pace. There's really no way to keep it a secret anymore, not that i was trying, but at work, its better to be prudent I suppose.
You may notice all the pink and girly colors, but trust me, I don't know anything that you don't. I just bought the ones that were a stellar deal and I will trade them in or sell them if we find out its a boy. I just couldn't pass up the deals, you see :)And here comes my carrier stash:
And my favorite, I have a Didymos* wrap like this coming from Germany, half of which is paid for as a gift from my cousin Uwe and his wife and the shipping gifted by my cousin Kristina and her hubby. Does my family rock or what!?!?!?
So, how is Lily, you ask?

Kidding!
I think I may think every age is the best ever...but this one is awesome! Here are our conversations this week:
Me: "Hey Devin! You accidentally bought boy pullups for Lily!" (yelled across house)
Devin: "Oh I did? Sorry!"
Lily: "I'm not a boy, Devin."
We went out on the boat this weekend and brought our friend Chirs, who has 2 twin girls of his own and Lily adores him.
Lily: "Chris! I peed in the water! I peed in the water!" (Chris is holding Lily)
Me: "Lily, come up here on the float with Mommy!"
Lily: "Can I pee on the float?"
The sweetness of this age showed when I was putting her in Mom's car on Wednesday afternoon and I had my hand on the door, ready to close it and Lily called out "Mom, don't pinch your finger!"
*melt*
Lily spends a lot of time talking to my belly. I can't wait until the baby can kick her back. She thinks "da doctor is gonna open it up and get da baby." I hope she is patient because February seems forever away to me. I'm both looking forward and ridiculously terrified of staying home with 2 small children. Lily thrives at school, learning millions of new things and I know she loves her friends there. There will be no way for us to afford to send her to preschool. I fear I won't be good enough to keep her stimulated and try to keep the new little one cared for. I guess I'll cross all that when I get there, I suppose I just worry a lot about everything. I think I've actually been *more* worried this pregnancy than my last. Love and life experience will do that to you. Wish me luck!

3 Comments:
At Sat Aug 16, 04:08:00 AM 2008,
Rachel said…
Sounds like things are going really well. Lily is looking so old and I know she will be a great big sister. I'm so impressed that you are already getting prepared. I love that carrier that you have coming from Germany. I've never seen it, is there a website? (I don't need it now but am curious)
At Sun Aug 17, 10:19:00 PM 2008,
Just the Sous Chef said…
Lily is so funny, love her conversations! There must be a lot of laughter in your home. Your new carrier looks great! And don't worry, you are going to mangage both just perfectly and Lily is going to love being home with Mommy! xxoo
At Fri Aug 22, 10:12:00 PM 2008,
Anonymous said…
Hey Lora, Wow Lily is sooo beautiful! I just stopped by to say hi and hope things are well. Another little baby on the way - YAay!! They grow so fast. Email me when you get a chance I would love to get in touch with you!
Elissa
curlylou83@yahoo.com (803-414-0713)
Post a Comment
<< Home