Short Update (edited to add pictures)

My OB and I also discussed my new favorite movie "The Business*of Being Born" produced by Ricki*Lake. Its a documentary that looks at the history of labor and delivery in this country and the impact and rising cost of medicalizing birth. I forced Devin to watch like 30 minutes of it, although, let's just say it didn't excite him as much as it did me. I doubt that I will be the one gunning for a home birth in the midst of painful contractions -- BUT what I did decide was that it reinforced my plan to have a doula present for my hospital birth to be there to advocate for my options during labor and make suggestions to help me during the process. Last time, I got an epidural and was blindsided by the fact that it didn't work. I had heard of that but didn't think it was common. I'm not going to be that naive again. If it hurts this time, then I have to deal with it better than last time. My OB is a fan of homebirth and women having the options they want, but also has a different veiw of what the birth process is about, as he does see it in action (in a hospital setting) nearly every day. Its fun to bounce things off of him and see his reaction *evil grin*
As a note for those of you who went to my high school, but didn't make it to last night's reunion, you missed out. It actually went really well! Some things hadn't changed (pretty much the ones you expected to be stuck up snobs still were) and some things had (lots of people got better looking) and the nice people stayed nice. Thanks, Jen and Neal, for being great dates! If I can track down any pics, I will post them. Maybe.
Sorry, for all the boating pictures, but that's all we really take pictures of anymore, as that is our weekend life. I'm gonna be sad when the water gets too cold to ski. Its my only exercise right now :)

And the showoff...

Lily in her favorite spot

5 Comments:
At Mon Aug 25, 12:09:00 AM 2008,
Anonymous said…
Hahahahahahaha at Lily's favorite spot!
I didn't get much internet time when Jake was home- that and the lack of my lap top so I've missed out on a LOT of blogging!
Please let me know when you and Dev wanna pick up this furniture, I wanna get started and here and don't want it rotting in the garage and smell funny.
At Tue Aug 26, 05:52:00 PM 2008,
Anonymous said…
Lucky you... preggo and water skiing.
I can't wait to find out if Lily is having a brother or a sister... either way it will be great.
Praying for a healthy bean too.
At Thu Aug 28, 07:37:00 AM 2008,
Amy said…
I find it so strange that you say you have felt "strangely detached" to the little one inside b/c I have felt exactly the same way. It is a wierd feeling, and no one has understood when I have tried to explain it.
Can't wait to see what the sex of the baby is!
At Thu Aug 28, 06:39:00 PM 2008,
Just the Sous Chef said…
CUTE pix of Lily, as always! Only one last weekend before the big U/S, hang in there! Going to do anything special? Do you have any feeling one way or another?
PS Got my Baby Hawk, OMG, it is GORGEOUS, I am in love it. )(thanks for all the advice) What took me so long. LOL!
At Thu Aug 28, 09:13:00 PM 2008,
Mommy Toy said…
I guess I'm getting used to being 31...it still sucks though.
I can't believe you are going on Tues for the BIG ultrasound!! How exciting!! I will be checking your page for an update.
Kiss gorgeous Lily for us!!!
Love ya!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home