Friday, October 30, 2009

Reprieve

So after all that complaining yesterday, guess who actually slept last night? Me! Well, and I'm pretty sure Colin did too. We put him down a little after 7 and he didn't wake until 4 am, then nursed and went right back to sleep. I woke up at twenty til 8 with the sounds of him and Lily playing in his crib. Fingers crossed that it wasn't just a one-time fluke (or if it was, that they happen more often, at least)






This morning, Lily insisted we try on the costumes, so here is my little bat and his big sister, Madame Butterfly.


(The reason Lily looks so awkward in the picture is because she is "flying" off the bed and is in mid-air)


Oh, wanted to note that Colin's "All Done!" really went nuts today at lunch with a friend. I was feeding him beans (all I could figure out to order for him) and he turned his head and I asked him if he was all done. His little eyes lit up and his arms went up in the air and he smiled big and said "Ah-Dah!". Well melt my heart, why dontcha, you certainly do not have to eat these beans anymore. Anyway, he went on to do it like a hundred more times and of course, my camera was nowhere in sight, however my lunch guest Claudia managed to snap a few and I'm hoping she'll email them to me.

At one point, he only held one hand up and Lily informed me "Colin gots a question." On the way home, she chatted about marriage, her new favorite subject since her latest obssession with princess movies. She said she'd marry Sam because she loves him. Then she remembered she wanted to marry Aidan. She said he could be her bride. Ah, that lucky Aidan. I do think she would, indeed, wear the pants in the family, no matter who she marries.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home